M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Saginaw SG
 New SG Acquisition
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

americanboy
Advanced Member

USA
369 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2018 :  6:25:49 PM  Show Profile Send americanboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Picked up a 3.3 SG today. Every part in/on the gun is properly marked except for the sear, which is unmarked. The gun appears to be all original with no import or arsenal rebuild markings. I do not recognize the sling-well marking on this T2 stock, which is 5 8-B, but I am not sure of the dash. It is a high-wood stock that matches the 2-rivet hand guard (also not marked). If the stock is a replacement, it was done many years ago. I am anxious to get an answer on this stock. It could be the only thing that keeps this gun from being 100%.

jimb16

USA
3168 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2018 :  7:32:08 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a Saginaw stock. They often had odd markings like that.

OGCA Lifer,NRA Life member, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

americanboy
Advanced Member

USA
369 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2018 :  8:58:55 PM  Show Profile Send americanboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jimb16

Sounds like a Saginaw stock. They often had odd markings like that.

Hope you're right Jim. The stock just looks like it has always partnered with the gun.

Edited by - americanboy on 08/20/2018 8:59:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3335 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2018 :  2:07:58 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As usual Jim is 110% right. Ok, so not if you ask his wife but to those of us here he is.
Go to Top of Page

americanboy
Advanced Member

USA
369 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2018 :  5:45:38 PM  Show Profile Send americanboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tuna

As usual Jim is 110% right. Ok, so not if you ask his wife but to those of us here he is.

I have one of those too....a wife that is.

Yep, I have had some input from other sources as well and have seen some examples of curious SG stock markings. Always ask the experts when in doubt.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2