M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Off Topic
 R.I.P. Swampmolly
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1070 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2018 :  3:30:21 PM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just got an email from Swampmolly's wife. He passed away February 11, 2018 after a battle with cancer. His name was Richard Kenney and he lived in Punta Gorda, Florida. We exchanged a number of emails over the last couple of years but he never said a thing about his cancer. Was always upbeat and engaging. I recently sent him an email since I hadn't heard from him in a while. His wife replied and told me of his passing. She said that he really enjoyed his conversations about the care and maintenance of our carbines. Barbara Kenney and Richard were married for 52 years. Richard was buried beside his daughter in Dunstable, MA where they both grew up.

JackP

RASelkirk

52 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2018 :  4:57:34 PM  Show Profile Send RASelkirk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear, we were within spittin' distance of PG just last week...

Russ
Go to Top of Page

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1070 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2018 :  5:24:16 PM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Richard told me that Swamp Molly was a Dukes of Hazzard character that tricked Bo and Luke Duke into smuggling guns believing that it was just moonshine. He owned a couple of scoped Plainfield's that he was trying to squeeze every bit of accuracy out of. We spent a lot of time sharing target shooting stories. I'll miss him.

JackP
Go to Top of Page

BEYU
Advanced Member

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2018 :  6:02:34 PM  Show Profile Send BEYU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will miss his great posts.

BEYU

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Benj. Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3335 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2018 :  7:05:22 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I told Jack before. Swampy was one of the good guys and we who knew him will miss him. We will all see you one day so till then make them all X ring Swampy.
Go to Top of Page

Satanta
Advanced Member

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2018 :  08:23:46 AM  Show Profile Send Satanta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's very sad to hear. I always enjoyed it when he would get involved and share.
He will be missed.
Go to Top of Page

rg1911

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2018 :  7:23:54 PM  Show Profile Send rg1911 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just saw this. I thoroughly enjoyed his posts and the occasional emails. We are, indeed, diminished. Requiescas in pace.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2