M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Discussion
 Maintenance & Troubleshooting
 front sight hight???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RichardM1
Starting Member

Netherlands
6 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  2:54:18 PM  Show Profile Send RichardM1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't find it on this site, but i'm shooting a 30M1 competition at 25meter.

I'm shooting about 4 inches high(not tried it at 100meter yet)the rear sight can't go any lower.

Now i did measure the total hight of the front including the band under the barrel and in comes out at 27.2 millimeter, is that Original or is it filed down?

The only marking i can find on the sight is a 4
On the barrel rockola en something that looks like an A and 1_64 no idea yet what that means?
on the rearsight i can see HI, and on the trigger part inland, on the mag release a M and a W inside the trigger part

I still have to look up what all those parts are called, no markings on the stock.

Edited by - RichardM1 on 05/01/2018 3:11:47 PM

boomer656

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  3:25:28 PM  Show Profile Send boomer656 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure that some of the folks with more expertise than I have on this topic will provide more guidance for you. In the meantime, based on my limited knowledge, I don't think your carbine is as far off as you believe. Take a look at this target designed for use with a carbine at 25 yards.

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3335 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  9:11:47 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If your carbine has been through a rebuild like 98% of them have then it is possible when the adjustable rear sight was added that they never replaced the front sight. The front sight was originally set by filing for the type 1 flip sight and not for the adjustable one.
Go to Top of Page

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1070 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2018 :  9:22:02 PM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum!

My tallest sight that I think is unfiled is 29.0 mm. I think yours is filed down a little. Boomer makes a good point. It should print a little high at the lowest setting at 25 meters.

JackP
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3335 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2018 :  12:45:35 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It also depends on if your using a 6 o-clock hold or a center of target hold.
Go to Top of Page

RichardM1
Starting Member

Netherlands
6 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2018 :  03:05:47 AM  Show Profile Send RichardM1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tuna

It also depends on if your using a 6 o-clock hold or a center of target hold.

Using a 6 o-clock hold and the impact is a 12 o-clock

Did find a front sight wich is 2.8mm higher.
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3335 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2018 :  11:19:53 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a gentleman in France who has a lot of new unused carbine parts. He is on ebay quite often. If you do a search for him I think you will find he has new sights that are USGI surplus. Look for carbine parts and France.
Go to Top of Page

lemaymiami
Greenhorn Member

42 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2018 :  10:04:01 AM  Show Profile Send lemaymiami a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Second what Tuna said... I had some worries making an order that would ship from France - but my one order was shipped promptly and arrived in good order (for me it was a new pawl for a bolt tool -and it came in the original issue packaging....).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2