M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Discussion
 Ammunition & Reloading
 New Brass
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mr. Don
Greenhorn Member

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2017 :  4:05:43 PM  Show Profile Send Mr. Don a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've seen a bunch of different opinions online about the need to resize new brass.

Since I'm concerned with new Starline .30 Carbine brass I figured I'd come straight to the experts. Do you guys resize new brass or do you just flair and push in a bullet?

TIA

jimb16

USA
3159 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2017 :  4:47:09 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I size then check the length. Some new brass needs to be trimmed before loading.

OGCA Lifer,NRA Life member, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

americanboy
Advanced Member

USA
368 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2017 :  6:47:11 PM  Show Profile Send americanboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just received some of the new Starline brass. I did not check every case, but did a serious spot-check. I found none over 128.7 or under 128.4 in length, most of it being in the 128.5-128.6 range. Had I found any too long/short....I would have checked all of it. Case dimensions at the important points were within SAAMI spec. Maybe a couple thousandths over a freshly LEE sized case in some places, but within spec. I intend to simply expand, prime, charge, crimp, load and shoot. I'll likely do another check on the first few completed rounds, but I think it's fine...Starline that is.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2