M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Commercial Carbines
 If you buy a New Inland Carbine...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Captain O
Advanced Member

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2016 :  10:04:48 PM  Show Profile Send Captain O a Private Message  Reply with Quote
and have "soft bolt" problems, Inland should replace it. If problems again rear their ugly head and the bolts from Inland keep aging prematurely, you can always replace the bolt with one from Auto Ordnance. Their bolts will "drop in" and function without further alteration as they have identical dimensions. The primary difference between the two is that the bolts from Auto Ordnance have been properly hardened, providing a long service life.

I hope this helps those that find themselves disillusioned with the New Inland products a satisfactory solution to a pernicious, and persistent problem.

All the best.

"Faster than a speeding insult, more powerful than an ulterior motive, able to leap to conclusions in a single bound, its... Captain Obvious"!

"Living well is the best revenge". - George Herbert

"The Administration of Justice should be tempered by mercy, but mercy should never interfere with the true Administration of Justice". - Captain Obvious

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is final". - Wyatt Earp

"Spelling and grammar count". - Captain Obvious

Edited by - Captain O on 10/03/2016 10:06:35 PM

wd4ngb
Starting Member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2017 :  3:39:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit wd4ngb's Homepage Send wd4ngb a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have one of the new Inland's that I purchased about 1 year ago. After a good cleaning and lube, it has performed as good as my USGI Underwood. I have right at 475 rounds through it, and it continues to run like a sewing machine. Since my Carbines are part of my Home Defense weapons, and would be used as part of my SHTF Gear, I do have spare parts for them. I took them all apart last month for complete cleaning and inspection, and could not see any signs of excessive wear on the bolt, firing pib, or trigger hammer. I have a spare usgi bolt for my Carbines, it it head spaces just fine with my Underwood and Inland. I think the information that you see on the Net, must be from some very early production Carbines.

Here is a shot of my Underwood and Inland Advisor.

My Carbine Page:
You must be logged in to see this link.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2