M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Irwin-Pedersen
 found front and rear sight marked ip
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bruno

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2014 :  01:47:05 AM  Show Profile Send bruno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Found these in my grandpas ammo can not rusted good shape , hes had these since 1965 so I'm sure there real. The rear sight is adjustable.. I thought ip didn't make adjustable rear sights.?

Ernie
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2014 :  10:33:26 AM  Show Profile Send Ernie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Irwin Pederson did not have adjustable sights as their contract was terminated far in advance of adjustable rear sight usage. Post pics of both items if you can.
Go to Top of Page

Pttsbrghpns
Advanced Member

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2014 :  06:36:24 AM  Show Profile Send Pttsbrghpns a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The rear sight may just be a lightly stamped " I.R.CO." which could look like IP instead of IR , just a thought .
Go to Top of Page

Pttsbrghpns
Advanced Member

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2014 :  06:46:34 AM  Show Profile Send Pttsbrghpns a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A type 2 milled adjustable sight made for Inland was marked "PI" . Just throwing a couple of ideas out there till you post some pics.
Go to Top of Page

bruno

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2014 :  5:25:04 PM  Show Profile Send bruno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are right they are pi marked. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Pttsbrghpns
Advanced Member

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2014 :  10:21:20 AM  Show Profile Send Pttsbrghpns a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad to help
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2