M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 I.B.M.
 Current Prices for an IBM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DragonSM
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2014 :  2:13:29 PM  Show Profile Send DragonSM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Went into a local gun shop this past week, and was surprised to see an IBM Carbine, with receiver and IBM barrel. They are asking $699. Looks to be all original, minus the sling. Should I jump on this? I do not have any more details, without being able to tear apart the rifle.

Pttsbrghpns
Advanced Member

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2014 :  4:04:29 PM  Show Profile Send Pttsbrghpns a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If there are no import marks on the gun and it's in fair condition $699 is a VERY good price even for a rebuild . If it is one of about 2% of all carbines that were not rebuilt , you better get there before someone else finds it .
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2014 :  8:10:36 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
all original would be kind of rare ish, that means it has a flip sight, no bayo lug, push safety, etc. Even if it is a rebuild with bayo lug, adj sight $699 is a deal. Look close on the barrel, i recently bought a STD PRD and did not see the Davidson's mark on the barrel due to it having a recent refinsh. But after I sold the stock for $100 I only had $599 into it so I am still happy, you would be too with an IBM. Heck, buy it and I will give you $100 profit on it!!
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3168 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2014 :  8:33:20 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grab it before someone else does!

OGCA Lifer, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

DragonSM
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2014 :  09:24:46 AM  Show Profile Send DragonSM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, so I went back last night, and put the rifle on hold. Only had about five minutes to look at it, as the store was about to close. The stock is an after market stock, possibly a Boyd's, or another brand. The butt plate looks original. It has a flat bolt, and there are no import marks. It has the 3rd style barrel band. Has rotary safety, modified magazine release, and adjustable rear sight milled. Will post pics when I go to pick her up.
Go to Top of Page

DragonSM
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2014 :  3:46:18 PM  Show Profile Send DragonSM a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, sorry for the wait. I did buy the IBM. Will hopefully post more details tomorrow. I just posted in the Underwood section of a carbine I couldn't pass up at $300.
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3335 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2014 :  11:03:10 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What you paid for the IBM is very good for a normal rebuilt non import as many imports are going for the $700+ mark now.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2