M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Rock-Ola
 Rockola M1 Carbine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ArmyCarbine
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  12:23:07 AM  Show Profile Send ArmyCarbine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am starting to investigate the Rockola M1 Carbine that was handed down to me. I want to figure out how authentic it is. Can someone point me to a list online or make a list for me to check? After that I will post my findings. Thanks.

jimb16

USA
3168 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2013 :  10:41:24 AM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Try tearing it down and listing the parts by type and marking here. Pictures help. Other than that, I suggest purchasing Craig Reisch's book US M1 Carbines, Wartime Production.

OGCA Lifer, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

Echo97
Greenhorn Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2013 :  11:40:28 AM  Show Profile Send Echo97 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can also try a book by J. C. Harrison
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3335 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2013 :  1:05:53 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What ever you do DON'T use Harrison's book. It is filled with wrong information and has never been updated even before his death. It is one of the two worst books to use with carbines. If you need a book then use Craig Riesch's book US M1 Carbine Wartime Production 7th edition. He tries to update any information that was wrong or newly found to his book with each edition. All reference books contain a few error in general but Harrison's book is really no longer even a valid book as a reference.
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3168 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2013 :  2:13:30 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only good use for Harrison's book is to level a coffee table with a short leg!

OGCA Lifer, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

Echo97
Greenhorn Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2013 :  10:45:46 PM  Show Profile Send Echo97 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jesus, that sounds bad. I guess I should have checked here before throwing my money away. I was talking to sales person for a military surplus parts business and this book was being used by their people as a reference guide.........oh we'll, maybe I can find a spot on the book shelf.
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3335 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2013 :  3:36:46 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another book to stay away from is Larsons. It's fairly new but the pictures he uses in parts of the book show fake parts and the reason he used fake parts is that he sells fake parts.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2