M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Second Amendment Forum
 AB 962. It passed
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

H.S. Mantooth Jr.

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  6:21:28 PM  Show Profile Send H.S. Mantooth Jr. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fellow Californians. If you have not yet heard, AB 962 the ammo bill, was signed today by our Gov . It will be effective beginning 1 Feb 2011. This is a very sorry and sad day for us.

I have already emailed Arnold expressing my dislike for him for placing his signature on the Bill.

I promise to do everything in my power to eliminate him for any office in the future.

Dang.

PS: I forgot to paste the link. Here it is.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Regards.
Stan

Edited by - H.S. Mantooth Jr. on 10/12/2009 8:40:38 PM

MrJitters
Veteran Member

USA
1933 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2009 :  7:01:58 PM  Show Profile Send MrJitters a Private Message  Reply with Quote
PM sent.
Go to Top of Page

milwaukeeshaker
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2009 :  10:27:55 AM  Show Profile Send milwaukeeshaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You mean Kalifornia, sieg heil!
Go to Top of Page

WarBaby
Administrator

USA
1885 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2009 :  7:05:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit WarBaby's Homepage Send WarBaby a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What a ridiculous idea - how does this crap manage to make it through?

WarBaby
Go to Top of Page

WarBaby
Administrator

USA
1885 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2009 :  7:08:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit WarBaby's Homepage Send WarBaby a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else heard anything about fingerprinting?

SACRAMENTO, CA - Before the midnight deadline Gov. Schwarzenegger acted on 685 bills that were on his desk. He signed 456 and vetoed 229.

One of the bills that he signed was Assembly Bill 962. It requires handgun ammunition to be kept behind the counter where customers cannot access it without assistance. It also requires gun shop owners to thumbprint people who buy handgun ammunition, as well as record their identification and provide that information to police.

Schwarzenegger released a statement explaining why he signed this bill.

"To the Members of the California State Assembly: I am signing Assembly Bill 962.

This measure would require vendors of handgun ammunition to keep a log of information on handgun ammunition sales, store ammunition in a safe and secure manner, and require the face to-
face transfer of ammunition sales.

Although I have previously vetoed legislation similar to this measure, local governments have demonstrated that requiring ammunition vendors to keep records on ammunition sales improves public safety. These records have allowed law enforcement to arrest and prosecute persons who have no business possessing firearms and ammunition: gang members, violent parolees, second and third strikers, and even people previously serving time in state prison for murder.

Utilized properly, this type of information is invaluable for keeping communities safe and preventing dangerous felons from committing crimes with firearms.

Moreover, this type of record keeping is no more intrusive for law abiding citizens than similar laws governing pawnshops or the sale of cold medicine. Unfortunately, even the most successful
local program is flawed; without a statewide law, felons can easily skirt the record keeping requirements of one city by visiting another. Assembly Bill 962 will fix this problem by
mandating that all ammunition vendors in the state keep records on ammunition sales.

As Governor, I have sought the appropriate balance between public safety and the right to keep and bear arms. I have signed important public safety measures to regulate the sale and transfer of .50 caliber rifles, instituted the California Firearms License Check program, and promoted the use of microstamping technology in handguns. I have also vetoed many pieces of legislation that sought to place unreasonable restrictions and burdens on firearms dealers and ammunition vendors.

Assembly Bill 962 reasonably regulates access to ammunition and improves public safety without placing undue burdens on consumers. For these reasons, I am pleased to sign this bill."

WarBaby
Go to Top of Page

H.S. Mantooth Jr.

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2009 :  7:27:49 PM  Show Profile Send H.S. Mantooth Jr. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WarBaby

What a ridiculous idea - how does this crap manage to make it through?

WarBaby

WarBaby;

Your right Sir, it is nothing but a crock of BS. It [AB962} will in NO way deter crime. It is not the law abiding citizens that are out there committing all these crimes we hear in the press. It is the garbage/dredges of society, that will never, ever obey the written law, let alone the law of common sense which they just don't have .

IMHO, this is just the beginning of their ultimate desire. To disarm the American people, total confiscation, as I typed in my letter to Gov. Schwarzenegger on Monday, 12 Oct 2009. I reminded him that this was just like Europe in 1938. I may be seeing those "Black" Jack Boots.

Regards.
Stan
Go to Top of Page

puertorican
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2010 :  10:01:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit puertorican's Homepage Send puertorican a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I first moved to Tennessee, some 30 odd years ago, there was a similar law on the books. All ammo was behind the counter. You had to show ID and sign for all ammo except .22 & shotgun shells. Don't remember exactly when it was repealed or changed but its been at least 15 years ago. Guess, what I'm tryin to say is, it won't take too long for folks to figure out what a waste of time and money this will turn out to be. Hopefully that realization will result in changes.
Go to Top of Page

Stonewalker0
Starting Member

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2010 :  12:38:43 PM  Show Profile Send Stonewalker0 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It may seem hopeless, but the Supreme Court just made a decision on June 28, 2010 in the case 'McDonald v. Chicago' that incorporated the 2nd Amendment against the states. That is to say, for the past 234 years states in the union were allowed to pass laws that violated the 2A, just the federal gov was not. That was news to me. This is going to allow citizens like us who live in 2A-retarded states (like CA) to challenge MANY laws.

Check out You must be logged in to see this link. They are an organization that funds and defends citizens who get in trouble with guns in CA. Some incredibly smart people work for Calguns. Specifically check out their 2A Forum, along with their thread on strategy for killing 2A-infringing laws in CA. Their victories will affect the entire Union.

2A forum - You must be logged in to see this link.
Strategy thread - You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

stickhauler

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2010 :  5:56:23 PM  Show Profile Send stickhauler a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Either way, there is a lawsuit challenging the law, with a Kalifornia Sheriff as the plaintiff.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2