M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Discussion
 Magazines
 USGI Magazine Manufacturer ID Chart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WarBaby
Administrator

USA
1885 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  7:39:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit WarBaby's Homepage Send WarBaby a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a rough chart I made that identifies most manufacturers markings on USGI M1/M2 carbine magazines. Type 1 and 2 are the standard 15 round magazines, type 3 and 4 are the 30 round variations. There may be some errors, but it is correct to the best of my knowledge.

hewittrj78218
Greenhorn Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2008 :  7:52:33 PM  Show Profile Send hewittrj78218 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. I recived 3 15 round mags marked IA from Atlanta Cutlery ($39.95).

Edited by - hewittrj78218 on 06/23/2008 7:58:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

jeeperbob

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  2:07:57 PM  Show Profile Send jeeperbob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How do they look? Were they still in the oil paper wrap? I saw their ad for unissued magazines but did not know if they were just loose in a box or what.
Go to Top of Page

coltfan
Starting Member

Germany
4 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  03:52:08 AM  Show Profile Send coltfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hm, I´ve got a arsenal-conserved pack of ten 15-round magazines. All packed in brown paper, sourrounded by grease and together wrapped in oiled and greased cloth. Real sticky. Had to clean them in hot water to get the grease away.
They are stamped with TU in a circle. Anyone an idea ?

Greetíngs, Coltfan
Go to Top of Page

Sailormilan2
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2010 :  09:49:49 AM  Show Profile Send Sailormilan2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not to hijack this thread, but to help.
I found on this forum a web page that lists all the magazine types and subcontractors. Unfortunately, it does not break the list down into managable pages.
So, yesterday I printed the entire list, then cut and taped(litteraly) the entire thing, into individual page long lists. Then scanned each into my computor. My goal was to try to make a list that one could update as needed, but I was unable to do that. So, short of designing my own list, this is the best I could do.
If anyone would like this list, send me an email with your email addy and I will send you the list(15 pages or so) as attachments that you can save and print at your leisure.
I also found the email address of the web page owner, and asked him if he had an updatable list he could forward to me to post here, but he has not yet answered me.
Here is the link to the original web page I found on this forum:
You must be logged in to see this link.

Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof.
Go to Top of Page

Social D
Starting Member

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2010 :  1:27:53 PM  Show Profile Send Social D a Private Message  Reply with Quote
sailormilan2, on the link u listed what is meant in the quantity list - 1e 1f and such. i have a 15 rd inland and a 15 rd rugg. thanks SD
Go to Top of Page

Zwei
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2010 :  1:31:53 PM  Show Profile Send Zwei a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe the originator of the list (web site list) tracked quantity and condition of the magazines he has
1N : one new condition
1E : excellent
1G : good
1F : fair
IMHO jimmyZwei

Edited by - Zwei on 12/29/2010 1:36:29 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page