M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 General M1/M2 Carbine Discussion
 M1 Carbine Photo Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

vikz
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2008 :  11:38:26 PM  Show Profile Send vikz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
here is mine..

Go to Top of Page

Greymantle
Greenhorn Member

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  9:52:47 PM  Show Profile Send Greymantle a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I'm an AR-15 buff with Black Rifle Disease (BRD). My "little black rifle" is built from:

Rifle: Auto Ordinance AOM-130 w/Walnut Stock and 15 round magazine
Magazine (shown): USGI 30 rd
Stock: Choate .30 M1 Carbine Pistol Grip Stock
Handguard: UltiMAK .30 M1 Carbine Scout Mount (Picatinny Rail)
Optics: Aimpoint CompC3 with Killflash
Optic Mount: LaRue Tactical Comp M2 RAS II Mount QD LT-152

Live Free or Die!

NRA Life ** Army Veteran ** Combat Engineer
Go to Top of Page

Saginaw79
Advanced Member

USA
166 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2009 :  4:28:29 PM  Show Profile Send Saginaw79 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here my Iver Johnson-

The bolt has since been replaced w/ another IJ bolt.

One day Ill have a SG marked one

Go to Top of Page

lt557
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2009 :  1:57:51 PM  Show Profile Send lt557 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No valuable stocks were destroyed. Period authentic. Cool, huh?

Go to Top of Page

glock26ph
Starting Member

Philippines
8 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  10:33:46 PM  Show Profile Send glock26ph a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great looking rifles guys!

Here's my Standard Products:

Edited by - glock26ph on 10/29/2009 9:35:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

imarangemaster
Advanced Member

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  10:33:30 AM  Show Profile Send imarangemaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My Underwood is a "B" coded (Singer sub-contracted) receiver with post war upgrades. Was used in Israel as a Mash Az Civil Guard rifle, then re-imported into country.

I wanted to take off my original cartouched NPM stock in a gun sock in the safe, and keep it in great shape, since I use the Underwood as a house/farm gun and shooter, and I plan on shooting it in some 100 yard matches in the spring. I prefer the feel of the pot belly type V stocks for shooting, anyway. I finally got a SA pot belly mounted on my Underwood.

Go to Top of Page

H.S. Mantooth Jr.

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  7:25:04 PM  Show Profile Send H.S. Mantooth Jr. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Saginaw79

Here my Iver Johnson-

The bolt has since been replaced w/ another IJ bolt.

One day Ill have a SG marked one

Saginaw79;

How do you like that perforated metal hand guard? I received one of those on the commercial IAI I bought about 9 yrs ago. I took mine off because it fit too loose and would always rattle when I fired it or moved it. I bought a replacement stock set, returned from Isreal like the one imarangemaster shows in his pic, at a local gun show and put that on my IAI. It now has a much tighter lock up.

Regards.
Stan
Go to Top of Page

imarangemaster
Advanced Member

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2009 :  07:40:31 AM  Show Profile Send imarangemaster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is not too hard to tighten the metal handguard so it doesn't rattle. I had one for awhile on a Blue Sky Inland that I used as a LEO trunk gun. I had to bed up the corners of the front and rear tabs that engage the receiver and the barrel band. After that, zero rattle. It does work well at dissipating heat better than GI. I am just traditional, though, and prefer the mil-spec wood (especially type V pot bellies!)
Go to Top of Page

Sailormilan2
Starting Member

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  5:06:30 PM  Show Profile Send Sailormilan2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My clan, of premmie rifles, er, I mean, M1 Carbines. Quality Hardwar, National Postal Meter, Inland, Saginaw Gear, Winchester.

With the newest additon, IBM/AO Carbine:

Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof.

Edited by - Sailormilan2 on 02/09/2010 5:08:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

jennyloves
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2010 :  11:05:26 PM  Show Profile Send jennyloves a Private Message  Reply with Quote
wow!!!!!!!!!!!! cool . amazing, i have see them on the museum. how much is it ????????????? real ones??

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

l.spall
Starting Member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2010 :  11:48:25 PM  Show Profile Send l.spall a Private Message  Reply with Quote

My M1 in stock set up

In sniper set up

Tactical set up in process

Edited by - l.spall on 03/30/2011 1:14:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

63Vette
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2011 :  3:01:59 PM  Show Profile Send 63Vette a Private Message  Reply with Quote

My QHMC w/I.B.M. Corp Barrel, Inland Trigger group, Un-Quality Slide, QHMC round bolt, Underwood Stock, Mid 1944 build.
Go to Top of Page

keving138
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2011 :  4:29:49 PM  Show Profile Send keving138 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Top one is a Quality Hardware bottom one is National Postal Meter.

And with their bigger brothers/cousins. WWII Springfield M1 and Springfield Armory Scout Squad.

Go to Top of Page

flyingmanx
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  12:37:39 PM  Show Profile Send flyingmanx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Posted on wrong spot first sorry!!!
Just a few Carbines for now hope to have more. One of each brand???

[/URL]

Inland .................495xxxx

Saginaw ..............363xxxx

Quality Hardware ..482xxxx

Flyingmanx ~!~

Flyingmanx ~!~

Edited by - flyingmanx on 05/09/2011 7:22:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

keving138
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2011 :  10:28:02 PM  Show Profile Send keving138 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Picked this Saginaw up today, its a Century import from SOG. Was filthy and nasty but cleaned up nice.
Stock is a Underwood with GHD barely visible and AAM also, Handguard is RSG.
Barrel is Saginaw, bolt is SG, slide is PI, trigger housing is Inland. Mag is KSG.

Edited by - keving138 on 05/11/2011 10:47:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

kidobotai
Greenhorn Member

Switzerland
34 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2011 :  4:29:15 PM  Show Profile Send kidobotai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is my National Postal Meter No.4347xxx
Go to Top of Page

theholeinthedonut
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2012 :  10:49:45 AM  Show Profile Send theholeinthedonut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Inland DIV. M1, serial # 4995186, late type stamped adjustable rear sight, barrel is an Inland MFG General Motors dated 1-44, second type barrel band marked JM, switch type safety, late type M - marked mag release.

The Manufacturer mark for the stock in the sling well is either IO or OI, anyhow correct stock for an Inland, made by S.E. Overton, South Haven, MI.

P proofmark

Crossed cannon cartouche, it's hard to see but it's there!

My best guess would be that this is an inspection mark, I'm not sure though!

The oiler is an original marked SI, the mag pouch also, made by D.M. SHOE CO., marked 1943. The sling is a repro though.
Go to Top of Page

theholeinthedonut
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2012 :  10:53:29 AM  Show Profile Send theholeinthedonut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Saginaw M1 Carbine.This is a battle field pickup Saginaw M1 that seems to have been rebuilt in the end of 1944, in one of the rear area armouries in Belgium. The previous owner, clearly a heathen, threw away the original stock and put on a repro M1A. I will have to drive to Belgium one of these days and buy a decent replacemnet stock.Good thing is that I got it dirt cheap because the stock was not original.

Go to Top of Page

theholeinthedonut
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2012 :  10:55:28 AM  Show Profile Send theholeinthedonut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The carbines together with two friends:

I'm waiting for the paperwork to come through for a third carbine, an early Underwood.

Edited by - theholeinthedonut on 01/24/2012 10:56:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

mozzie
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2012 :  10:51:13 AM  Show Profile Send mozzie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have only one and seeing all those multi Carbines makes me jealous!
donut you have some very nice weapons! Congrats to you!
Go to Top of Page

mozzie
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2012 :  11:20:57 AM  Show Profile Send mozzie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got this a few months back
Go to Top of Page

theholeinthedonut
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2012 :  2:14:58 PM  Show Profile Send theholeinthedonut a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got another M1 today, an Underwood. It's another battlefield leftover mixmaster.

Serial# 2463788 with flip sight.

Early type operating slide but a "new manufacture" bolt. Two rivet handguard.

Uncheckered push type safety, marked "EW" and old type "short face" magazine catch.

Underwood barrel marked 3-44.

The stock is a potbelly, low-wood. I only found the IO/OI marking in the slingwell which makes it a S.E. Overton South Haven, MI stock, those were only fitted to Inland carbines. I guess it is a replacement stock.

And the crossed canons eskucheon. No inspectors stamp and no P.

It came with a smaller friend;-)

This seems to be a "mixmaster", the slide is a Colt but the serial # 857694and the FJA = Frank J. Atwood, inspectors mark make the receiver an Ithaca.

Go to Top of Page

mjanway

USA
728 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2012 :  8:45:45 PM  Show Profile Send mjanway a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They make a nice looking couple.

Jack
Go to Top of Page

gibbs

Philippines
88 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2012 :  06:52:59 AM  Show Profile Send gibbs a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These photos will make you cry!

I came across this Paratroop Winchester M2(?) that was being used in a horse farm as a single shot rifle for the lack of a magazine. The carbine was mud encrusted and upon removal of the crud, some rust was evident. The pistolized butt has seen better times and the pistol grip shows a wide gap with the rest of the stock. The wire stock has no leather cheekpiece and does not lock in the extended position properly since only a small effort will make it collapse.

After a week of immersing the hardware in a mixture of diesel and kerosene and removing the mud and rust with a bronze brush and a used tooth brush, I test fired the carbine with a 30-round magazine, the carbine worked flawlessly in semi and full auto mode.

I do not know if the unit is an original M2 since it has the selector for semi and full auto while having a folding stock and a barrel band with bayonet lug.

Here are some pictures.

Before:

After:

Gibbs
Go to Top of Page

sergeant major
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2012 :  11:15:51 AM  Show Profile Send sergeant major a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is my National Postal Meter, SN# 43087XX.

John A. Ohmer
Retired US Army Sergeant Major - 30 Years, Retired High School Teacher -22 Years
Vietnam Vet '66, '68 & 70.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2