M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 General M1/M2 Carbine Discussion
 M1 Carbine Photo Thread
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

WarBaby
Administrator

USA
1885 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  9:25:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit WarBaby's Homepage Send WarBaby a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It looks great. More than likely it had been refinished at least once before in its life - whats another going to hurt?
Go to Top of Page

MrJitters
Veteran Member

USA
1933 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  8:02:11 PM  Show Profile Send MrJitters a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On top is my 5.0 Inland and below is my 4.7 Underwood. Below left is my Colt M1991A1 and below right is my Ruger pre Mark 1 .22LR I bought new in 1965.

MrJ

Laus Deo

Then conquer we must, for our cause is just, and this be our motto: "In God is our trust."

GCA & NRA Member
Type 03FFL C&R
Royal Order of the Bluenose
Go to Top of Page

Dlee625

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  2:11:41 PM  Show Profile Send Dlee625 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mike 1:

The repro flip sight and early barrel band cost roughly $50 from Numrich. I found a gunsmith about an hour from my house (central Illinois) who installed the parts and did the reparking for $125. The business is called Pro-tech Engineering and the owner restores M1 carbines, Garands and other WW2 weapons. the turn around time was about 10 days. He said he is getting quite a few CMP guns coming in lately so I'm not sure how that effects the turn around time. As for my IBM I just refinished the stock and will post new pic soon.
Go to Top of Page

Dlee625

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  03:35:41 AM  Show Profile Send Dlee625 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I took the plunge and refinished the stock of my IBM. The old finish was very dark and had a shiny varnish. Once the varnish was removed, I discovered a Rock Island Arsenal cartouche and the crossed cannons. Overall I am pretty happy with it.

Before:

And after:

Go to Top of Page

MrJitters
Veteran Member

USA
1933 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  4:53:07 PM  Show Profile Send MrJitters a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finding that RIA stamp is a great find. Very nice stockset. Looks great.

MrJ

Laus Deo

Then conquer we must, for our cause is just, and this be our motto: "In God is our trust."

GCA & NRA Member
Type 03FFL C&R
Royal Order of the Bluenose
Go to Top of Page

H.S. Mantooth Jr.

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  02:53:21 AM  Show Profile Send H.S. Mantooth Jr. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whoa. What a difference a little cleaning will do. That is very nice.

Regards.
Stan
Go to Top of Page

m1mike
Veteran Member

USA
2032 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  10:24:20 AM  Show Profile Send m1mike a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dlee.......Awesome work on the stock !!!!! You got me thinking about doing that too..........Now how did you do it ???

Go to Top of Page

Dlee625

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  3:14:44 PM  Show Profile Send Dlee625 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the nice comments guys, I just followed the method described on the CMP website. Heres the link:

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

cphilip
Advanced Member

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  09:30:53 AM  Show Profile Send cphilip a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My QHMC mixer non import.

Edited by - cphilip on 09/12/2007 09:31:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

cphilip
Advanced Member

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2007 :  5:01:47 PM  Show Profile Send cphilip a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some updated ones...

Go to Top of Page

the fool
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  2:55:30 PM  Show Profile Send the fool a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Edited by - the fool on 10/03/2007 2:56:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Delta-3
Greenhorn Member

47 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  7:01:47 PM  Show Profile Send Delta-3 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm new here but I just picked up this lil' beauty (my first carbine).
All Inland, repro stock & 3 USGI 15 rd mags.

The AK...It's not just for war anymore!
Go to Top of Page

rlex
Greenhorn Member

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2007 :  6:38:45 PM  Show Profile Send rlex a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is an updated photo my carbines:

Inland 123K (CMP SG)
Inland 404K (CMP Barreled Receiver)
WRA 1.15M (DCM/NRA)
Underwood 1.38MM (CMP SG)
Rock-ola 1.71 MM (CMP SG)
S'G' 3.58MM (CMP RG)
IBM 3.68MM (CMP SG)
NPM 4.14MM (CMP RG)
QHMC 4.83MM (CMP SG)

(Not in Picture - a QHMC 4.74MM CMP RG at my farm in VT)

Edited by - rlex on 11/27/2008 4:50:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Forest
Greenhorn Member

32 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2007 :  10:56:46 PM  Show Profile Send Forest a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After going on a $pending $pree on Epay, I have dressed up the CMP Inland and Winchester import with USGI Inland stocks. The carbine on top is an Inland 703k with HI stock, and Underwood MU handguard. The Winchester is sporting an IO High wood cut-down M1 stock with an unmarked handguard. I like the new-old look!

Edited by - Forest on 01/08/2008 7:54:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

navig97
Starting Member

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2007 :  9:04:10 PM  Show Profile Send navig97 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My Rock-ola I bought in 1965 through the DCM. Still shoots great.

Edited by - navig97 on 12/15/2007 09:05:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

m1mike
Veteran Member

USA
2032 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2007 :  6:28:50 PM  Show Profile Send m1mike a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Rock-Ola

Go to Top of Page

WarBaby
Administrator

USA
1885 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2007 :  8:01:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit WarBaby's Homepage Send WarBaby a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, very nice!

WarBaby
Go to Top of Page

rdmesser2
Greenhorn Member

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2008 :  09:29:37 AM  Show Profile Send rdmesser2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello I am new to forum thought i would add pics of my NPM Serial 1488xxx bought this about 5 years ago. I also have a Universal which surprisingly is a good shooter. The NPM has a receiver problem and needs work, maybe a new receiver. Anyway here are the pics
[img][[IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj60/rdmesser2/IMGP0514_edited.jpg

[img][/img[IMG]http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj60/rdmesser2/IMGP0513_edited.jpg
Go to Top of Page

rdmesser2
Greenhorn Member

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2008 :  09:32:31 AM  Show Profile Send rdmesser2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Trying again

Go to Top of Page

inland843
Advanced Member

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  8:10:40 PM  Show Profile Send inland843 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

from bottom to top: crosman M1(circa 1970), inland(8-43)6digit s/n highwood stock with usual armory upgrades,saginaw S'G'(this one belongs to my father in law, his brother served in Viet Nam and gave him his gun when he got home,so the story goes)next is my natl. ord. inc. mutant, it has alittle of everything, and shoots real good. the ar's were thrown in for giggles and grins, they are carbines you know.
Go to Top of Page

inland843
Advanced Member

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  9:14:07 PM  Show Profile Send inland843 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

close up of the inland. most of the components appear to be (I'll use the term "correct" rather than original, cause i don't have any way possible of knowing if they are or not)...
flat bolt stamped O.I. with a 3, rounded lug shape
flat extractor stamped W.I.
type 1 firing pin stamped R.I.
Inland div barrel dated 8-43 with a proof "P" stamp M/w=2.5
milled front sight stamped N on top
early slide with 3/16 step ,flat rear box, v-top internal cut stamped PI(underlined)inside and an N on the bottom outside
inland trigger housing with vertical logo stamp, no oil hole, unmarked push button safety,RI stamped sear, hammer is stamped HI
trigger is stamped RI
Highwood stock with oval cut oiler slot, crossed cannons on right side of butt stock(barely visable) and a circled P on bottom of grip (also barley visable)
recoil plate is stamped with an upside down D.I.
hand guard is stamped OI,but it's a four rivet and it should be a two. oddly though it matches perfectly in color,wear,grain and texture. i can only assume that it was changed out very early on in this carbines life as it appears to me as though the stock and the hand guard have been together a long time. OI stamped in the slingwell
of coarse the rear sight was upgraded at some point to a milled adjustable and a type three barrel band was also installed. the mag catch is the only other suspect part I can see, it is stamped with an M and it should be plain faced according to what i've been able to find.
I'd like to find a nice old usgi sling and oiler for it, but i ain't in no hurry so i can wait for the right one to come along (so many fake ones out there) and i hope to score a correct mag release next weekend at a local show.
thanks for letting me share
Dennis

Edited by - inland843 on 05/29/2008 11:12:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

inland843
Advanced Member

USA
122 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  11:14:29 PM  Show Profile Send inland843 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
detailed pics are posted under Inland in the contractor specific section if you are in need of a pic fix.
Go to Top of Page

DEAC25
Starting Member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  2:38:52 PM  Show Profile Send DEAC25 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's my new Baby!

Winchester

Edited by - DEAC25 on 06/05/2008 2:40:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

cphilip
Advanced Member

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  2:51:32 PM  Show Profile Send cphilip a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ran across this photo of a Carbine in Japan in 1956 being used as a Guard weapon. I was researching some information about Johnson Air Force base where I lived as a kid for three years and this picture was posted on the Yahoo group where some of the people that used to be stationed or lived like I did hang out.

Don't appear they gave them any decent pants nor any magazines to use! I suspect it was a staged photo.

Go to Top of Page

SGM ret.
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2008 :  8:36:21 PM  Show Profile Send SGM ret. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SMG1

SMG1:

Do you by chance happen to have any dimensions and other info on the stands that you have your carbines on in this pic? I really like the idea and thought that I might build one for myself.

I'm thinking that I could replicate your work, but if you have some measurements, it sure would save some trial and error. In particular, the distance between the uprights and radius for the notches that the rifle sits in would be very nice to have. Also, is there any difference in the height of the uprights (i.e. does the pistol grip sit lover than the front of the stock)?

Thanks,
Mike

"Hope is not a course of action."
Sean P. Kelly, 1st RGR BN
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page