M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Discussion
 Field Gear
 In search of bayo part
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

whiterook
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2018 :  08:08:56 AM  Show Profile  Send whiterook an AOL message Send whiterook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am in search of a trashed out M4 bayonet, that still has a good lug socket. I bought one off of Wish.com The blade, cross guard, and leather handle, were well worth the money, even though the slots on the handle weren't very deep. Now the rest of the story. The lug socket is more like that on an AR15 bayonet, also the handle was to long. When attached there was 1/4" between the hole to go around the barrel and the end of the barrel. (I must have gotten the bad on of the batch, because the pictures show them fitting just great) That's why I'm looking for the socket end of a M4 handle, because I' m going to shorten it up. A little pitting no problem, as long as it functions.

Fred Gordon

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Tuna

3308 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2018 :  10:45:27 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is the barrel band locking in place with the band spring? If not then attention to the front of the stock and the hand guard should be checked.
Go to Top of Page

whiterook
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2018 :  08:06:12 AM  Show Profile  Send whiterook an AOL message Send whiterook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everything's right where it belongs. I think this one must have been made on a Monday or Friday. Besides the amount of excess length has to be a manufacture screw up. When the lug is locked up there is a good half in. from the front of the sight to the crossguard, with a strong eight of an in. from the end of the barrel to the crossguard. I just need to find the locking mechanism from a trashed bayonet to put on the one I have put together from the good parts of this one.

Fred Gordon
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3308 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2018 :  7:15:19 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know how much you have into it but Midway has Italian made with scabbard on sale for $24 now. If nothing else the parts are interchangeable with the M4 is what I was informed on.
Go to Top of Page

whiterook
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2018 :  01:14:21 AM  Show Profile  Send whiterook an AOL message Send whiterook a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have already found couple of nice originals. I just want to find a butt end to put on this one to make it work.

Fred Gordon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2