M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Off Topic
 Forum Ending
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

hunterman1
Advanced Member

195 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2018 :  5:37:57 PM  Show Profile Send hunterman1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had a window pop up that suggests this forum is ending on Sept. 19, 2018. Actually, now it is on the banner. Is that correct?

Edited by - hunterman1 on 08/19/2018 5:39:03 PM

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

COSteve

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2018 :  6:15:10 PM  Show Profile Send COSteve a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw it too. What's the deal here. This site ain't that popular that you can command a pay for play thing. If it goes to costing anything, we'll just migrate to another free site.

Steve

“Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.” - Confucius
Go to Top of Page

BEYU
Advanced Member

USA
309 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2018 :  7:07:55 PM  Show Profile Send BEYU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We all will just need to know where some of our GURUS end up, and we'll go there too.

BEYU

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Benj. Franklin
Go to Top of Page

boomer656
Greenhorn Member

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2018 :  3:46:16 PM  Show Profile Send boomer656 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunate. This forum has become one of my daily stopping points. I do believe I've seen one or two of the guru's from this site on the MILSURPS forum.
Go to Top of Page

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1064 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2018 :  8:58:16 PM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Check out the Carbine Collectors Forum. There are a few familiar names there too.

You must be logged in to see this link.

JackP
Go to Top of Page

shadycon
Veteran Member

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2018 :  07:43:49 AM  Show Profile Send shadycon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Both sites are full of good folks!

M1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
TSMG's-R-MORE-FUN!!!!!
ENJOY LIFE & HAVE FUN!!
Go to Top of Page

shadycon
Veteran Member

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2018 :  07:44:01 AM  Show Profile Send shadycon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Both sites are full of good folks!

M1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
TSMG's-R-MORE-FUN!!!!!
ENJOY LIFE & HAVE FUN!!
Go to Top of Page

BEYU
Advanced Member

USA
309 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2018 :  1:25:29 PM  Show Profile Send BEYU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems like there is a MISSED OPPORTUNITY here.

CMP is just about to start their sale of Model 1911 A1 pistols. These are as much a part of history as are the carbines.

This forum should expand to include the 1911s. There will be lots of people looking for advice and insight on these guns, and as we all know, there are many people here who can provide it.

BEYU

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Benj. Franklin
Go to Top of Page

boomer656
Greenhorn Member

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2018 :  7:54:53 PM  Show Profile Send boomer656 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know who is responsible for having this forum set up and running - but I thank you, whoever you are. Is there any plan to move the forum to another 'free' hosting site? Any consideration of moving to a 'contribution' forum similar to the one Milsurps has, to offset the costs of a paid hosting site?

Edited by - boomer656 on 08/22/2018 9:15:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2018 :  8:35:48 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I occasionally post on both.

OGCA Lifer,NRA Life member, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

rg1911

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2018 :  7:18:14 PM  Show Profile Send rg1911 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I belong to a couple paid sites - one shooting related and one radio control scale modeling related. I would pay to keep this forum.

Cheers,
Richard
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2018 :  6:23:29 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been asked if there are any plans to continue this forum as a paid forum. Tuna and I are moderators. We are not the forum operators nor the forum founders. We do not have any control over that decision and as far as I know, neither of us has been contacted by Warbaby concerning the continuation of the forum. Honestly, I don't know the answer to the question. That would not be up to either of us, and until notified by others, we have no info other than what you folks have read. Sorry, but we don't know either.

Go to Top of Page

americanboy
Advanced Member

USA
363 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2018 :  04:40:24 AM  Show Profile Send americanboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had hoped this was an issue of a cyber-attack of some sort and it would all be cleaned-up and corrected. I guess not. I hope this forum survives somehow, but if it dosen't....I have enjoyed every minute of it. I have learned a lot about carbines from you folks....see you on the other side!
Go to Top of Page

johniv
Greenhorn Member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2018 :  5:07:35 PM  Show Profile Send johniv a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't post much, but I lurk here often. I have learned a lot and would like to see this site continue.
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3308 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2018 :  9:39:01 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have tried to contact the company who has this forum in that maybe it can be paid for but all I got was that there was a server error. I will try again tomorrow. It seems the company is out of Ireland.
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3308 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2018 :  09:32:57 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I tried again today but once again it was a server error prevents the emails from going through. I will keep trying again tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3308 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2018 :  09:23:29 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have found out some information on the forum. It looks like the cost will be about $150 a year which is not too bad. But I cannot do it as I am not the owner of the forum. I will try to see if the owner can be contacted about this if we the users pay for the service. This is all I can do right now.
Go to Top of Page

johniv
Greenhorn Member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2018 :  1:29:32 PM  Show Profile Send johniv a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you sir.
John
Go to Top of Page

johniv
Greenhorn Member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2018 :  3:12:15 PM  Show Profile Send johniv a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, it's the 20th and the forum is still here ?!?
Go to Top of Page

BEYU
Advanced Member

USA
309 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2018 :  5:00:31 PM  Show Profile Send BEYU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, but...Shhhhh Don't say it too loud.

BEYU

- Benj. Franklin
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2018 :  9:02:32 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah???!! Its still up!

Go to Top of Page

MrJitters
Veteran Member

USA
1933 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2018 :  4:23:20 PM  Show Profile Send MrJitters a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From what I understand ForumCo is having a little trouble setting up a way for forums to migrate from "free" to paid. Apparently, their web site currently does not allow it. They have had a month to do this, but as usual they are slow on the draw. They are currently only disabling inactive forums at this point in time. At any rate, the plug will be pulled at some point and as a long time member here I wish all members adieu in indeed this forum is shutdown. See ya'll on the flip side mates and special kudos to Ole Jim and Tuna for keeping this site going all these years.

You can follow the fun here. You must be logged in to see this link.

MAGA!

Edited by - MrJitters on 09/21/2018 4:36:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

hunterman1
Advanced Member

195 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2018 :  4:35:10 PM  Show Profile Send hunterman1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Meanwhile, if you have posts you don't want to lose, open that post, select "print" from your browser's commands, when the print window opens up, select print to "Adobe PDF" instead of your normal printer. A pdf file of the post will be generated that you can save in a folder with other posts.
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3151 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2018 :  7:54:10 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jits. We appreciate the kudos. Wasn't difficult to do with a good bunch of guys like you.

Go to Top of Page

MrJitters
Veteran Member

USA
1933 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2018 :  08:37:17 AM  Show Profile Send MrJitters a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No problemo. Keep us all posted on the when and wheres of helping out with the annual costs if it can come to that. It's the 23rd now and the boat is still floating so that much is good.

MAGA!
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3308 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2018 :  08:56:51 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well for now I would suggest we keep this forum as active as possible.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2