M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 General M1/M2 Carbine Discussion
 Took the Carbine Out Yesterday for Some Fun
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

COSteve

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2018 :  12:08:28 PM  Show Profile Send COSteve a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I went to the range yesterday with my M1 Carbine, Mini-14, and my Winchester 88 plus a 1911 for some shooting fun. Ostensibly I was there to confirm the scope zero at 200yds on my Winchester 88 with my 165grn handloads. It's a nice elk gun.

I took my Mini-14 and Carbine to compare them at 200yds as both are open sights. Had a fun day, shot 8 mags, some 120rds of Carbine handloads at some bowling pins for fun. Great day, temps in the low 80s, light breeze, sunny sky. Life is good.

Steve

“Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.” - Confucius

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Tuna

3304 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2018 :  09:59:33 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes sir. Better then a great day at work too.
Go to Top of Page

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1064 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2018 :  11:53:59 AM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I live in the wild-land/urban interface so I'm still waiting for the fire restrictions to be lifted. No shooting outdoors. Otherwise I have to drive 40 miles to the nearest range. Pray for rain!

JackP
Go to Top of Page

americanboy
Advanced Member

USA
363 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2018 :  1:40:11 PM  Show Profile Send americanboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All I have to do is step outside and shoot whatever and whenever I desire. One can hear gunfire around here pretty much all the time and it's not bad guys....it's the neighbors.
Go to Top of Page

RASelkirk

52 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2018 :  4:58:06 PM  Show Profile Send RASelkirk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by americanboy

All I have to do is step outside and shoot whatever and whenever I desire. One can hear gunfire around here pretty much all the time and it's not bad guys....it's the neighbors.

Nice, my dream home(stead)!

Russ
Go to Top of Page

boomer656
Greenhorn Member

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2018 :  6:19:40 PM  Show Profile Send boomer656 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by COSteve

I went to the range yesterday with my M1 Carbine, Mini-14, and my Winchester 88 plus a 1911 for some shooting fun. ....... Life is good.

Life is very good!
Go to Top of Page

COSteve

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2018 :  11:02:36 PM  Show Profile Send COSteve a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tuna

Yes sir. Better then a great day at work too.

As I've been retired for almost 11 years, I consider my enjoyment each day as my 'work'. Eat your hearts out oh yea of the 'still working' class.

Steve

Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3149 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2018 :  11:13:32 AM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
COSteve, I've been working at retirement for 15 years. Best job I've ever had! Reloading, shooting, fishing, camping, playing with the grandchildren..... Its a tough job, but somebody has to do it!

OGCA Lifer,NRA Life member, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3304 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2018 :  11:02:08 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can I get an Amen to that brothers?.......AMEN!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

boomer656
Greenhorn Member

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2018 :  06:26:12 AM  Show Profile Send boomer656 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amen!!!

Personally, I'm just a 'nub' at retirement. Only 2 years in ..... but I practice everyday.
Go to Top of Page

lemaymiami
Greenhorn Member

42 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2018 :  09:22:01 AM  Show Profile Send lemaymiami a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The last time I "retired" I was 47 and it lasted less than six months - that was about 22 years ago... I'm 70 now and still going strong - the next time I retire -they'll be putting me in the ground I suspect - unless the water gets me. Had a bunch of folks I've known (most in law enforcement) retire out - and the ones that didn't find something to do were gone in about six months....
Go to Top of Page

COSteve

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2018 :  10:42:13 AM  Show Profile Send COSteve a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I consider retirement as my current career; one I hope to spend 40yrs at just like my last one. As to lemaymiami's needing something to do, I don't suffer that problem as I'm plenty busy as a 'Gentleman at Leisure;" my current profession. Tough job but someone's got to do it.

Travel plays a good part of my time. I enjoy researching, planning, and setting them up. For instance, this last May we went to Greece and Turkey for a few weeks, in June I went to California for a few weeks to help a friend rebuild a hot rod we built together almost 35 yrs ago. July 4th, we're leaving again for Bavaria, Switzerland, and Austria for a few weeks. In late August we're driving back to California to show the car we worked on at a Goodguy's show.

Busy, Busy, Busy.

Steve

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2