M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Discussion
 Maintenance & Troubleshooting
 newbie needs advice; m1 carbine cleaning!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jet Jaguar
Starting Member

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2018 :  6:15:00 PM  Show Profile Send Jet Jaguar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i recently got a my first m1 carbine; universal, (be nice! universals got feelings too, lol.), series one GI parts!
You must be logged in to see this link.

and just put my first 50 rounds through it,(federal american eagle 30 carbine), and i am in love. it is a fantastic weapon!!!
so yeah i need a cleaning kit.
ok folks i need advice on a good all in one kit, or seperate components, your preference.
cleaning rods,bore snakes, solvents, grease, oil, brushes,swabs, everything!
what are you using and any tips you can offer are greatly appreciated!

take care and thanks!

love life, it's all you really have.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

americanboy
Advanced Member

USA
341 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2018 :  06:24:20 AM  Show Profile Send americanboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everybody seems to have their favorite brand of lubricant. I think that usually purchasing a gun-specific cleaning kit, or most of the bigger ones on the market, one winds-up with pieces they will never use. I have had some sectional GI 30-caliber and 22-caliber cleaning rods for 50-years. These can be had at about anywhere gun-stuff is sold. Bore-brushes the same. A spare tooth-brush is always lying around, q-tips are in great supply and small paint-brushes are easy to find. I like Remoil for it's penetrating qualities and a good gun-grease. I've read where some use regular automotive type grease on sliding and contact areas and swear by Mobil-1. I still have a bottle of mil-surplus weapons oil. Hopes #9 is a popular solvent. That old t-shirt or pair of drawers will trim-up nicely for cleaning patches, but ask the wife to wash them first.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2