M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Discussion
 Identification & Photo Reference
 Recoil plate marked WJ
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Satanta
Advanced Member

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2018 :  9:21:59 PM  Show Profile Send Satanta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Picked up a recoil plate and can't really make any sense with an ID.
It has a faint W then followed with a slight deeper J ( W J )
No - no . no " or '
Flip it over and maybe come up with the idea it is P M
Nothing matches in my logs?
Seems like a waste of time to fake the re-coil plate?
On the other end of this ... who have been watching and helped walk me through the re-load process.
Happy to say all is good. Started with, and will stay for now with the IMR 4227. 12.5 gr to start. Case length is 1.280 bullets are bayou 115 gr.
Had a few bolt close issues, but had my eye on it all.
Lowered the bullet seating to 1.450 and all was fine. I also lowered the grains to 12.2 due to the change of deeper seating. Still learning and trying to be safe.
It feeds, fires, and cycles with no problems so far. Only 40 rounds so far. So a little early to tell all. Zero signs of lead, but a little dirty.
Primers look great. Have a good firing pin strike. No sign of gas passing past the primer. Still retains some roundness and zero back out.
I know I should be posting this part on the re-load. But I didn't.
Input would be good to hear. Spent cases look good also.
Am I missing something on the beginner curve?

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1047 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2018 :  10:20:20 PM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where is it marked? Might be "W.I.". "PM" makes no sense. Send a picture.

JackP
Go to Top of Page

Satanta
Advanced Member

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2018 :  10:21:38 AM  Show Profile Send Satanta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Marking is on the bottom, sorry I forgot to mention that. I can't seem to learn the system to post pictures. I will send you a PM and if I can't send it with that. Then if you would reply via email then I can send that way. I agree it makes no sense in anything I've looked up. But it's there. Thanks Jackp
Go to Top of Page

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1047 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2018 :  5:14:26 PM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Satanta sent me a picture of his recoil plate. Looks like "WJ" to me.

JackP
Go to Top of Page

HB of CJ

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2018 :  5:50:21 PM  Show Profile Send HB of CJ a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent picture and thank you.

I am holding one just like yours. Definitely a WJ. We tend to collect recoil lug plates to fit tightly against whatever receiver we are using along with the usual "illegal for matches" receiver bedding. Right now an ongoing Inland accuracy project. Fun. Relaxing. Somewhat cheap.

Edited by - HB of CJ on 01/23/2018 5:51:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3116 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2018 :  7:45:04 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jewell Brothers.....

OGCA Lifer,NRA Life member, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2