M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Discussion
 Ammunition & Reloading
 Wolf ammo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kenith
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2018 :  12:57:17 PM  Show Profile Send Kenith a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone else have problems with Wolf ammo?
I used Wolf .30cal in my Plainfield M1 and had numerous misfires,jams and seemingly underpowered rounds.I gave up shooting after 3-30rd mags.This is my first time using Wolf ammo.

ken revalee

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

americanboy
Advanced Member

USA
363 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2018 :  1:14:42 PM  Show Profile Send americanboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most folks say steer-clear of it in an M1-carbine. I think you have just came to that conclusion as well.

Edited by - americanboy on 01/01/2018 2:37:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

cali201

USA
714 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2018 :  1:23:30 PM  Show Profile Send cali201 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
most of us will NOT use steel case ammo in our carbines. Some of us feel the steel is hard on parts and those parts are near and dear to us.
Go to Top of Page

Satanta
Advanced Member

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2018 :  3:52:17 PM  Show Profile Send Satanta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well stated from both. I myself have never used steel case ammo, and have no plans to even try it in my carbines.
It's just not worth it. To hard on things from everything I have read. This site and others as well. Extractors for starters.
One other site put it in these words. Brass for American made, steel is for Russian, China, and other foreign made guns.
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3285 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2018 :  12:36:41 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ken, The only good thing if you can call it that is the price of the Russian made ammo. It is dirty, under powered, doesn't expand in the chamber properly as it's steel case and is hard on extractors. It also uses a 100 gr. bullet and not the standard 110 gr. Since it is dirty it leads to more jams and the need to frequently clean. You get what you pay for.
Go to Top of Page

Kenith
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2018 :  08:29:49 AM  Show Profile Send Kenith a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks,I guess I will get rid of this ammo.
What is a good economical ammo for my M1?

ken revalee
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3143 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2018 :  09:57:37 AM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aguila is ok. It is a little underpowered, but the brass is goo for reloading. S&B is good too. Stay away from Amerc. It isn't good and cases often split.

OGCA Lifer,NRA Life member, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3285 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2018 :  3:12:29 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right now Southern Ohio Gun (SOG) has S&B on sale for $16.95 a box of 50.
Go to Top of Page

wheelgunfan
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2018 :  5:33:05 PM  Show Profile Send wheelgunfan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Both Seller&Bellot and PPU have very good feedback from all the reviews I have read. I went with Seller&Bellot myself as I've had good results with some of their other calibers. Using 110gr soft point through the new to me Plainfield and no issues but only in a hundred rounds or so at this point.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2