M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Bavarian Carbines
 Looking at a Bavaria Rural Police carbine?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Satanta
Advanced Member

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2017 :  5:48:58 PM  Show Profile Send Satanta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wanting to give myself an early well deserved Christmas present.
Trying to figure the hype on the Bavarian carbines? They seem to be an item of choice to some.
Almost went blind reading up on the history of the whole process.
Very interesting, and not sure I'm any smarter.
This one has the all caps. BAVARIA RURAL POLICE stamp on the left side of the receiver.
CMP certificate that looks funky brand new? Sold in 2009.
IBM receiver with serial # 3843940 with AO under it.
3.8M which I have no clue what that means.
IBM barrel, front site PO B, trigger housing is Q-TX, EM-Q flat bolt,
DA-Q slide, flip site, numbers stamped in sling well.
My question is.
I'm also looking at a real nice National Postal Meter. Import? YES
Interarms.
All is good on it for #'s considering they only made few parts.
Which one might hold more value in the long run?
Maybe better said. Which of the two would you focus on?
Thanks again. Price? so far about the same.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1064 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2017 :  6:17:37 PM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think there is more of a following for Bavarian Carbines than for Interarms carbines, all things being equal. The CMP cert might help value, if the carbine hasn't been messed with. I lean toward the Bavarian IBM.

JackP
Go to Top of Page

Satanta
Advanced Member

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2017 :  6:48:59 PM  Show Profile Send Satanta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks again Jackp, Not sure I get the " for Interarms carbines "? It is a National Postal Meter with the Interarms import stamp. Did NPM sell or transfer to Interarms later?
I'm also unclear on the term export. Everyone is focused on import stamps? Is there such a thing as an export stamp? I assume not, since my understanding is that they just stayed overseas afterwards. Then imported back?
Thanks for the heads up on the hand guards. Got it today, and with some work per stain, I think it will be just fine.
Go to Top of Page

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1064 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2017 :  7:46:37 PM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interarms was a major arms importer. They imported all kinds of arms from all over the world, not just carbines. After 1968 they were required to stamp their name on the arm being imported. I'm not aware of anyone trying to form a collection of Interarms marked firearms, thus my comment. However there are those who collect various Bavarian carbines, many of which come back through the CMP via the U.S. Department of Defense and are not required to be import marked.

NPM did not sell or transfer to Interarms. Interarms got their NPM carbines from foreign countries that received NPM carbines from the U.S. government through the Lend Lease programs or various M.A.P. (Military Assistance Programs).

As far as I know there is no such thing as an export stamp. Here is a link to a web site that might shed some light on the subject.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Be sure to post some pictures of your completed stock refinishing project.

JackP

Edited by - Jackp on 11/10/2017 7:51:01 PM
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2