M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Discussion
 Identification & Photo Reference
 Marlin barrels?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Satanta
Advanced Member

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2017 :  09:20:12 AM  Show Profile Send Satanta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking at a NPM for sale. Made close to the end of the third group of serial #s is what I'm getting. #4373040
I have heard several times if I remember correctly. That Marlin barrels were troublesome, and most had been rejected?
This rifle has the Marlin barrel.
What was the reason for the rejections? and is there anything over the normal I should be looking for or be aware of? Thanks..

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

jimb16

USA
3142 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2017 :  8:13:43 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It wasn't Marlin barrels that were bad. It was Buffalo Arms barrels. Marlin made good barrels with a very low rejection rate.

OGCA Lifer,NRA Life member, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3282 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2017 :  9:05:24 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It doesn't matter if Marlin made bad barrels or Buffalo Arms made them. If a barrel made by anyone was used on a carbine then the barrel met all requirements to shoot properly and accurately. Other wise it was rejected and sent back for scrap.
Go to Top of Page

Satanta
Advanced Member

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2017 :  7:01:03 PM  Show Profile Send Satanta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good to know. I do honestly try to get, receive, or check my questions via Google first.
But info is just so crazy at times. I'm still learning big time, and hate being a pest with all my questions.
Just seems like this site is my trusted conformation site at the end. You all are just such a big help.
I have the M1 carbine addiction, heha! Pocketbook does not allow, but I want all. Mistakes are costly.
Just nice to have all of you in my corner if needed. Thanks again...
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3142 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2017 :  7:47:58 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ask away! That is what we are here for.

OGCA Lifer,NRA Life member, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2