M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 General M1/M2 Carbine Discussion
 UN-QUALITY M1 CARBINE?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Satanta
Advanced Member

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2017 :  10:52:45 AM  Show Profile Send Satanta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Saw a UN-QUALITY M1 Carbine, serial # 4447774 on Gun Broker's for sale.
Never heard of such a thing.
Please give a little history on this rare carbine.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1064 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2017 :  12:30:02 PM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These are Quality Hardware carbines made with receivers subcontracted with Union Switch and Signal. Thus, the Un-Quality name. In other words, there are no Quality Hardware made parts in an Un-Quality Hardware carbine. Also, these are the only Quality Hardware carbines that have the deep drilled hole for the recoil spring rather than the detachable recoil spring tube. Only around 28 thousand were made so they're fairly rare.

JackP
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3306 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2017 :  12:34:53 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quality Hardware used a spring tube design on the receivers they made. A sub-contractor Union Switch and Signal made the deep hole type 2 receivers for Quality. These being a sub contractor made receiver were marked UN-Quality for Union Switch and Signal. They made just a bit less then 29,000 receivers for Quality between Oct. 43 and March 1944. Not rare but not often encountered.
Go to Top of Page

Satanta
Advanced Member

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2017 :  1:57:02 PM  Show Profile Send Satanta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's interesting, why the high serial #? Looks to have a longer barrel, and it has the flip sight?
High bid is at $2,175.00 and with the buy it now at $3,950.00 seems kinda high.
Go to Top of Page

americanboy
Advanced Member

USA
363 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2017 :  2:01:49 PM  Show Profile Send americanboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Come on....go ahead and buy it, but just realize that 99.9999 percent of the people around you won't have a clue and not even care....LOL.
Go to Top of Page

Satanta
Advanced Member

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2017 :  2:08:00 PM  Show Profile Send Satanta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
O' heck no. I have no interest in it other than the info. I had never seen or heard one till now. Just looks odd to me with the longer barrel? I'm not a collector, pocket book won't allow that. But it still seems high priced.
Go to Top of Page

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1064 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2017 :  2:19:33 PM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It has a standard Winchester Type 1 barrel. It just looks long from the angle that the picture was taken. Everything on it looks okay. I bet it sells the BIN price.

JackP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2