M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Off Topic
 Not carbine related but....
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jimb16

USA
3122 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2017 :  08:16:54 AM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love this time of year. Its archery season for deer around here. Last evening about 20 minutes before sunset, a nice 6 point walked up to within 35 yards of my blind and made the fatal mistake of not running for his life! Dropped him in his tracks. Too late last night to get him to the butcher shop so I had to wait til this morning. He was a pretty nice deer. Field dressed, he weighed in at 185 pounds. Meat is in the freezer! I have a second tag that I can only use for doe, but now there is no pressure to fill a tag, so I can just relax and enjoy the woods. If I do see a doe, she may very well end up walking away unharmed. I'm not in any hurry to fill a second tag. It gives me a good excuse to just go out and enjoy nature.

OGCA Lifer,NRA Life member, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Tuna

3265 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2017 :  10:12:05 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes Jim I agree with you. There is something special about just sitting back in the middle of the woods just listening to the quiet and yet all the noise of nature.
Go to Top of Page

shadycon
Veteran Member

USA
1376 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2017 :  4:36:05 PM  Show Profile Send shadycon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Brings back child hood memories. I used to walk the woods in Fla. for hrs. with an old single shot .22 and see no one. Now I can go to the back side of my 20 acres and watch critters in the neighbors field. In the evenings I also have deer in my front yard, the kids love watching them.......

M1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
TSMG's-R-MORE-FUN!!!!!
ENJOY LIFE & HAVE FUN!!
Go to Top of Page

Eyospt
Greenhorn Member

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2017 :  6:18:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Eyospt an AOL message Send Eyospt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't hunt them but we do have them here on our place. These are a little over 100 yards from the back door at a salt lick we provide down by the pond.

This boy was in July 2015:

and this one was Sept of this year:

Go to Top of Page

hunterman1
Advanced Member

185 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2017 :  7:17:43 PM  Show Profile Send hunterman1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So.... where exactly is your place?
Go to Top of Page

Eyospt
Greenhorn Member

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2017 :  11:13:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Eyospt an AOL message Send Eyospt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hunterman1.......Eastern IOWA
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3122 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2017 :  6:57:12 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got to make a slight revision. I overlooked a small 1 inch point on the right antler in the dark. I guess it is "officially" a 7 point. Ended up with about 80 # of meat. Picked it up today and the freezer is nearly full. I'm gonna have to start chowing down on venison if I think I'm going to fill the doe tag later this season! Need a bigger freezer!

OGCA Lifer,NRA Life member, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2