M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Inland
 My First Carbine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Budster
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2017 :  11:36:57 AM  Show Profile Send Budster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[img][/You must be logged in to see this link.] Hope someone sees this. I just joined yesterday and wanted to share picture of my first carbine. 9/44 Inland. If someone confirms the picture is viewable I will provide a little background. $900 did I make a mistake.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

swampmolly

USA
764 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2017 :  2:02:51 PM  Show Profile Send swampmolly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like a very very nice rebuilt carbine.
SM
Go to Top of Page

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2017 :  2:03:58 PM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Without knowing specifics about the condition of your new carbine, I would say you paid about mid-range of the prices that I've seen. A lot depends on your location. If the bayonet and mag pouch were part of the deal, then you did really well. Have you had a chance to shoot it?

JackP
Go to Top of Page

Budster
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2017 :  4:08:42 PM  Show Profile Send Budster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The bayonet did come with it which was nice. I did fire it, the first time I had FTF and FTE. I stopped after 2 mags and did some reading. Purchased new extractor, plunger, ejector and springs. Also the slide spring. Once I got the parts I realized I needed the bolt tool. So once that arrived (another week of waiting) the change out was quick and off to the range. Not a single issue after 3 boxes of ammo, even in rapid fire. Sighted in without problem, I believe it is a good shooter. I will get you some more detail on parts marking soon. Have some questons in my mind and I am confidant you guys have the answers,
Go to Top of Page

Budster
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2017 :  12:27:32 PM  Show Profile Send Budster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I took a better look at my rifle and can share some markings, any feed back is appreciated
Barrel. 9-44 Inland General Motors, P stamp, I believe that means it was tested/fired?
Front sight - N stamp
Rear sight - IR Co
Receiver - Inland 5517295
Barrel band - JM stamped
Magazine release - M underlined
Rotary safety - looks like ss in circle but has N stamped over ?
Butt plate - dot missing at 5 o-clock I read a little about them could be SG make?
Flat bolt looks like EM Q
Trigger housing - SG stamp
Hammer - HN
Got 2 magazines- one with U mark and other SI or IS ?
Sling not marked but is snap style with C metal end dot on snap. More OD green but shows a lot of use.

So far that is what I see, let me know what else to look for.
Again hope I did ok at $900, by the way I am in state of PA
Go to Top of Page

swampmolly

USA
764 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2017 :  1:41:28 PM  Show Profile Send swampmolly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bud Ck out your bayonet on this site You must be logged in to see this link.
I think that it is not unusual to get a carbine with something wrong with it. You are lucky you were able to get it working yourself. It would have been nice to get one that functioned for 900 bucks. All in all you did okay as long as you were handy enough to get it up and running as a good shooter. It could have been worse. If the bayonet is usgi it may be worth over $100.00. look on the hand guard flat to see the identification.
SM
Go to Top of Page

Budster
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2017 :  3:36:19 PM  Show Profile Send Budster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The bayonet is only marked US M4, No marking on holder. From what I have seen a bayonet that looks like this, black hand grip no studs or screws showing could be an Eickhorn and as I read made in Germany. How ironic. Probably no worth, that's why it was thrown in the deal.
Go to Top of Page

Budster
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2017 :  4:28:24 PM  Show Profile Send Budster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was very surprised that the parts I purchased were less than $30 to rebuild bolt. The bolt tool was more than the parts. Numerich is where I got parts. I hope OK. Saved the old ones except the extractor plunger which is somewhere on by basement floor. I do not know what part of "remove extractor slowly as plunger and spring may eject" I did not understand#128533;
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3282 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2017 :  12:44:34 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Get one of the large zip lock bags and take the bolt apart in the bag in case you happen to loose you grip on it. The parts should stay in the bag.
Go to Top of Page

Budster
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2017 :  07:47:40 AM  Show Profile Send Budster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tuna, good idea, I will keep in mind next time I have to service bolt.
Go to Top of Page

Budster
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2017 :  07:48:56 AM  Show Profile Send Budster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by swampmolly

Bud Ck out your bayonet on this site You must be logged in to see this link.
I think that it is not unusual to get a carbine with something wrong with it. You are lucky you were able to get it working yourself. It would have been nice to get one that functioned for 900 bucks. All in all you did okay as long as you were handy enough to get it up and running as a good shooter. It could have been worse. If the bayonet is usgi it may be worth over $100.00. look on the hand guard flat to see the identification.
SM

Go to Top of Page

Budster
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2017 :  07:52:33 AM  Show Profile Send Budster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Swampmolly, any thoughts on the Eickhorn bayonet. Worth keeping? Are they of any value or just another copy.

Edited by - Budster on 08/28/2017 09:39:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

swampmolly

USA
764 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2017 :  08:13:12 AM  Show Profile Send swampmolly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Bud
You could look on EBAY and see what they go for OR Just throw it in the bottom of the safe, where all the rest of them reside. :)

Edited by - swampmolly on 08/28/2017 10:16:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Budster
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2017 :  10:40:44 AM  Show Profile Send Budster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the safe it goes, thanks for the input.
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3142 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2017 :  10:01:03 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While the bayonet isn't a collector item, it is a good quality bayonet. I'd keep it just for a utility knife if nothing else. You can always get a US military bayonet later.

OGCA Lifer,NRA Life member, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

tex
Greenhorn Member

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2018 :  10:20:49 AM  Show Profile Send tex a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The safety catch with a N over the SS is interesting as I have one with W over the SS I think someone has been CHEATING! The safety was made by the Stenium or Stinium (not sure of spelling) Co and they are still in Biz making firehose nozzles!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2