M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Discussion
 Identification & Photo Reference
 M1 carbine flat bolt marked TP? Help identifing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mzalaznik
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2017 :  7:36:26 PM  Show Profile Send mzalaznik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is my first post on this forum. I have a flat bolt that I'm having difficulty identifying. The right lug is stamped with TP and appears to have a 2? on the side of the lug. Any help in identifying this would be greatly appreciated. You must be logged in to see this link.
You must be logged in to see this link.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Tuna

3124 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2017 :  9:55:21 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you sure it's not IP instead of TP?
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3025 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2017 :  11:24:47 AM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can't acess your photos. Try putting them on photobucket or some other server.

OGCA Lifer,NRA Life member, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

mzalaznik
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2017 :  3:38:57 PM  Show Profile Send mzalaznik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[URL=http://s1356.photobucket.com/user/mzalaznik/media/IMG_4462_zpse6lmy9wz.jpg.html][/URL]
[URL=http://s1356.photobucket.com/user/mzalaznik/media/IMG_4465_zpsnbenwgtx.jpg.html][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

mzalaznik
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2017 :  3:43:27 PM  Show Profile Send mzalaznik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think your right Tuna, It looks to be IP and the bottom of the I and P are slightly worn off....thanks for the info. I've got a box of 30 carbine parts consisting of 10 bolts 4 slides, firing pins and several other parts that were in an ammo box. I'm looking to get as much info as I can before I start selling them off.
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3124 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2017 :  9:39:18 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If it's an IP then it has more value being that not as many were made as others. Almost anything made by Irwin Pedersen goes for more then normal money. If you have any questions of your parts just ask and someone will help you if they can.
Go to Top of Page

mzalaznik
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2017 :  6:03:42 PM  Show Profile Send mzalaznik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also have 6 triggers but they are covered in cosmoline. Three are in green tape which I assume is original field replacement parts. I cleaned one of the triggers of all the cosmoline and could find no markings on it. My one go to source for identifying Carbine part markings doesn't list a trigger with no markings. They have a parkarized finish. Any ideas on these? They are type II as far as I can tell.
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3124 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2017 :  10:47:09 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They marked triggers almost anywhere. Look on the arm,(both sides)and then the sides,top and maybe underneath.
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3025 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2017 :  6:22:55 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A few of the later cast triggers have no markings. Don't know who made them.

OGCA Lifer,NRA Life member, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2016 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2