M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Discussion
 Ammunition & Reloading
 Magtech 30 cal carbine FMJ issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jefe
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2017 :  09:43:05 AM  Show Profile Send Jefe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've shot several hundred rounds of Magtech (CBC headstamp) FMJ 30cal Carbine ammo without issue.

Several days ago, I had a stoppage- Fail to chamber fully. Ejected that round and noted that case was not fully sized correctly and that the bullet was loose in case. Bullet came out in my hand and powder fell out.
Primer was not struck by firing pin.

First time that I've seen this w/ Magtech ammo.

Thought that I'd pass along.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

BEYU
Advanced Member

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2017 :  10:52:02 AM  Show Profile Send BEYU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yikes! That would get my attention...

Have you contacted the company? It would be interesting to see what they say.

BEYU

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Benj. Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Jefe
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2017 :  09:05:45 AM  Show Profile Send Jefe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BEYU, no have not contacted the co.
Great idea though.
Perhaps, they'll make it right? Send me a box of ammo?
We'll see.
Thanks for the idea.
Go to Top of Page

BEYU
Advanced Member

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2017 :  10:33:42 AM  Show Profile Send BEYU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Even if they don't offer you anything, which would show bad customer relations; still they need to know about a failure in their manufacturing and quality control process.

And, come to think of it, we as customers need to know about it too!

I have not used their ammo much, but what I did shoot was OK. Maybe I was fortunate?

BEYU

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Benj. Franklin
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3254 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2017 :  10:34:51 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All ammo companies make mistakes now and then. Most will gladly help you out if they know the lot number. Over the years I have had more trouble with Winchester ammo then the others like no flash hole on .243 ammo or a case of .357 magnum that had two to five rounds per box with the bullets loaded upside down. But the point is that it does happen and the companies don't like it to happen so let them know. It's the only way they have of finding out they have some bad ammo out there.
Go to Top of Page

Jefe
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2017 :  08:44:30 AM  Show Profile Send Jefe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FYI- Told Magtech that box marked:

B90728 L-186

Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3254 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2017 :  9:37:49 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Let us know how you make out with them.
Go to Top of Page

Jefe
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2017 :  4:35:16 PM  Show Profile Send Jefe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Customer Service thanked me for info- seemed very interested.
No offer to recompense me.
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3254 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2017 :  09:38:59 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did they take your information down and did they ask for the rest of the box of ammo along with the bad round?
Go to Top of Page

Jefe
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2017 :  12:11:08 PM  Show Profile Send Jefe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tuna, Negative to both.

Text of email:

Thanks,George I will send this info to our factory, and let them know of this issue.

Nick Peterson

Magtech Ammunition Company, Inc.
248 Apollo Drive, Suite 180
Lino Lakes, MN 55014
1.800.466.7191 toll free
1.763.235.4000 phone
1.763.235.4004 fax

Go to Top of Page

Pappy
Advanced Member

317 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2017 :  8:25:26 PM  Show Profile Send Pappy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bringing back an old post I know.

A few years back I had probably 50% of a box of Magtech split the cases in 2 different carbines. Magtech had me return the 2 boxes and the remaining unfired cases. They replaced every box and added 2 more for my trouble. 30 carbine is the only Magtech I've shot.

OGCA Life Member, NRA, GCA,
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2