M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Commercial Carbines
 Universal M1 Carbine Slide for Late Model Carbines
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jski

56 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  10:34:30 AM  Show Profile Send jski a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those interested in a new late model Universal slide "made of 4130 steel heat treated to 35Rc" can go You must be logged in to see this link..

Edited by - jski on 05/08/2017 12:21:59 AM

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

americanboy
Advanced Member

USA
363 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2017 :  06:23:23 AM  Show Profile Send americanboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The price seems reasonable. There should be some 350,000 Universal carbines out there running this design, so there is a possible market for it. There were two versions of this slide....a round-barrel and a square-barrel and both are offered.

Edited by - americanboy on 05/05/2017 06:24:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

jski

56 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2017 :  11:57:33 AM  Show Profile Send jski a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bought one of these puppies and replaced the factory slide strictly as a precautionary measure. Fit perfectly as is ... without modification.

Edited by - jski on 05/05/2017 11:58:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Satanta
Advanced Member

USA
177 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2017 :  6:40:06 PM  Show Profile Send Satanta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello: Once again I'm new to the forum. I have also purchased one of these slides. Actually love it, has more meat on it at the stamped out area of known failure compared to the one replaced. I did have to clearance the wood just a tad because the weight was just a little bigger. No biggie.
It did break on me after about 1,000rds. Right where the slide meets the block. Snapped clean, so alignment was no problem. It was clear to see that the penetration of the weld was not that good.
I just put it back together since it was a clean break with a good vice-grip. V'd the breakage deeper, drilled two holes and beveled from the block side. Per say a good spot weld. Had a pro weld it.
Did a great job with no clean up needed. Awesome penetration.
It works great, and yes, I will purchase another while still available.
I will though, take the preventive step to perform the spot welds. It is just another way of making aftermarket better in my mind.
For all Universal fans looking for a hard to find slide. It's good, but I suggest making the extra move on the weld.

Go to Top of Page

jski

56 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2017 :  06:01:41 AM  Show Profile Send jski a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did you contact BKHose to let them know there were weld problems with their product? You can email him at: bkhose@dslextreme.com. The guy's name is Bruce.

Personally I've put many more that a 1,000 rounds thru my Universal with this slide with zero problems ... but that doesn't help you of course.

Could simply be a one-off.

Edited by - jski on 08/05/2017 06:21:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ironbeard
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2018 :  8:07:23 PM  Show Profile Send Ironbeard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not able to find any source for BKHose replacement slides. Source please.

Panic NOW....avoid the rush!
Go to Top of Page

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2018 :  8:48:39 PM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Check this out.

You must be logged in to see this link.

JackP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2