M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Discussion
 Refinishing & Restoration
 M1 Carbine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mrumble
Starting Member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2017 :  8:04:28 PM  Show Profile Send Mrumble a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Would like opinions on re-parking a WWII USGI M1Carbine. Would be using the original version of parkrizing. Will it increase/decrease or unchange the value of the weapon?

Thanks

Roc head

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1011 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2017 :  10:01:58 PM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suppose it wouldn't detract from the value if the carbine is not particularly collectible and/or if it's so worn or rusted as to be unsightly. However, it may not add any value either. In fact you might not be able to recover the cost of parkerizing. I guess you have to decide if it's worth it to you personally. That's my opinion.

JackP
Go to Top of Page

cali201

USA
710 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2017 :  2:43:16 PM  Show Profile Send cali201 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A lot depends on what you are reparking? Original carbine w/original parts? Import marked? If it is a rebuild, as most are, the current condition of metal might be more sought after then a reparked. If it is an orginal, as issued carbine then hell NO!! It really depends on what YOU want of the carbine for your enjoyment or concern for re-sale. If it is in poor condition then a repark, if done right by the right person, will help. If metal is in honest patina condition then reparking will hurt value. Shuffs may be the man you want to have do the work if so desired. You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2