M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Uncommon Variants
 Odd M1 carbine help!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

Troop186man
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2017 :  7:32:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Troop186man an AOL message Send Troop186man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I recently purchased an M1 carbine that I knew had some issues but it was cheap so I figured I would take a chance on it, after I brought it home I started looking at a few things on it I found very odd. At some point the carbine was reblued or something similar and gave it an odd red shiny look. After looking it all over it has all very early inland carbine parts (that are all inland parts) type one barrel band, early lower receiver and everything is early besides the rear sight. But I was not able to see the receiver markings besides a serial number in front of the rear sight which I know isant super common but was done, but all other markings were worn off and/or covered by the rear sight hangover. After being a little curious I compared it to my Saginaw receiver and it is totally different, I'll let the pictures explain the rest but what exactly did I purchase? Anyone have any insight whatsoever into what this might be?

Photos:
You must be logged in to see this link.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

swampmolly

USA
737 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2017 :  7:58:49 PM  Show Profile Send swampmolly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Troopman
You own a National Ordnance commercial carbine.
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Troop186man
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2017 :  8:05:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Troop186man an AOL message Send Troop186man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Swampmolly,

Thanks for the information, that is definitely it. I'm still very intrigued that someone took the time to put all original inland parts and even a high wood stock on a commercial carbine. Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3079 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2017 :  9:08:37 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In reality National Ordnance used the Inland or any USGI parts when they made it. Surplus parts were easy to find back then. The hard thing for them was finding barrels for their carbines. The did have a bunch of 1903A3 two grove barrels that they turned down and used in their production.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2016 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2