M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Misc. Firearms Discussion (M1 Garand, 1911, etc.)
 Value of Iver Johnson D-Day stock?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ezzzzzzz
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  2:02:56 PM  Show Profile Send ezzzzzzz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I find myself in possession of an Iver Johnson D-Day engraved stock in very good, but not perfect, condition. No cracks just a few scratches. It is relieved for the M2 as well. It was fitted to a Winchester mixmaster. Why someone would have gutted the IJ innards is anyone's guess. Only 10,000 complete rifles were produced. Anyhow, I'm wondering what this stock would be worth on the open market. If nothing more it could be fitted to a shooter with a more valuable stock (to prevent wear or damage).

Edited by - ezzzzzzz on 01/06/2017 2:58:57 PM

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Tuna

3306 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  7:38:25 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To be honest with you it has no collector value. The same with the carbines there is no extra value
in them other then being a commercial carbine. One of the large part sellers used to sell the stocks along with other parts which they got when IJ went out of business.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2