M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Discussion
 Maintenance & Troubleshooting
 Need new slide, will any type work?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

guywithfastcar
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2016 :  9:37:01 PM  Show Profile Send guywithfastcar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, I believe I need a new slide based on the info I found on this awesome sight! I noticed while shopping for one that there are different "types" and obviously different manufactures. This carbine is already a "mix-master" and I really just am making it into a nice shooter. Will any slide mix with any bolt or receiver? Assuming it's all USGI of course

Brian

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1060 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2016 :  11:21:20 PM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, any type or manufacturer will work on the M1 carbine, but some will work better than others. All slides are forward and backward compatible with the exception of M2 application. There you must use a Type 6 slide. Early slides had a less dependable slide stop configuration. Later slides had a thicker arm joint and were less likely to break. Also, the later slides improved extraction reliability and ejection angle. I would suggest using a Type 5 or later for your shooter.

JackP

Edited by - Jackp on 12/05/2016 11:22:06 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2