Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Discussion
 The magazines from Keepshooting have arrived.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Captain O
Advanced Member

346 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2016 :  11:49:49 AM  Show Profile Send Captain O a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These look well made and are in plastic wrap (not bags). After my AOM 130 arrives, I'll let you know how well they work.

"Faster than a speeding insult, more powerful than an ulterior motive, able to leap to conclusions in a single bound, its... Captain Obvious"!

"Living well is the best revenge". - George Herbert

"The Administration of Justice should be tempered by mercy, but mercy should never interfere with the true Administration of Justice". - Captain Obvious

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is final". - Wyatt Earp

"Spelling and grammar count". - Captain Obvious

Google AdSense

Mountain View

Greenhorn Member

25 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2016 :  5:09:11 PM  Show Profile Send newbutold a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My 10 rounders were very oily. I took them apart and cleaned with brake/carb cleaner. Also the springs were installed backwards. They work fine now.
Go to Top of Page

Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2016 :  2:57:01 PM  Show Profile Send Optix a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just received a few of the 15 round magazines from these guys. Only one of the six magazines had a proper length/strength spring.
I had heard about this going in, so I factored in the cost of replacement springs. Which still made for very cost effective new magazines.
What I was surprised to see though was how the spring is just cut on one end and not wrapped back in on both ends like a GI spring.
I'm very pleased with the overall construction of the magazines though, they came well oiled and with good bluing on them. The mag followers are of good construction also, and I didn't need to do any fine tuning or work on the feed lips as they were all in spec.
Once the upgraded springs were installed they all run like champs.
Go to Top of Page

3217 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2016 :  10:05:03 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If your not limited to a magazine of 10 rounds then stay away from magazines made in the USA. Not one of the commercial makers has a good track record with making carbine magazines. Get WW2 USGI magazines or some of the ones made in Korea. These work from the start.
Go to Top of Page

Veteran Member

1368 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2016 :  07:01:08 AM  Show Profile Send shadycon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Capt; How do these work in an AOM 130?

Go to Top of Page

Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2017 :  11:51:54 AM  Show Profile Send jbrpong a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have both the 30 and 15 rd ones. I opened and cleaned all and yes, the 15 rounders springs are 1 coil short. BUT they all worked just fine when tested for function.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2