M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Discussion
 Field Gear
 Spotting Scope for around $300?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

usmcss

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2016 :  9:06:41 PM  Show Profile Send usmcss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, can anyone recommend a spotting scope for around $300? I know you get what you pay for but just looking for something that can spot at 25 to 100 yards good but with the capibility to go out to 300 to possibly 500. Obviously would be nice to get one that would work out to 1000 but I know that's asking a lot for that kind of money.

Heading to Bass Pro Shop in the morning.

Thanks Guys!!!

Semper Fi,

Bob

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

bonnie
Advanced Member

USA
171 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2016 :  09:57:05 AM  Show Profile Send bonnie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been using this Konuspot-80 for years in CMP matches. For the price it has very clear optics, quick focus, and a large 80mm objective lens. The tripod isn't much but works okay when shooting off a bench. Easy to see 22cal holes at 100 yards, have to look a little harder at 200 yards. 30cal holes at 200 are easy to see as this is the range we shoot our club matches at. Should be able to find it for around $225.00 or so if you shop a little. Great for star gazing also.

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

usmcss

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2016 :  10:20:23 AM  Show Profile Send usmcss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bonnie

I have been using this Konuspot-80 for years in CMP matches. For the price it has very clear optics, quick focus, and a large 80mm objective lens. The tripod isn't much but works okay when shooting off a bench. Easy to see 22cal holes at 100 yards, have to look a little harder at 200 yards. 30cal holes at 200 are easy to see as this is the range we shoot our club matches at. Should be able to find it for around $225.00 or so if you shop a little. Great for star gazing also.

Thank you so much Bonnie!!! Heading to Bass Pro now. If they don't have it will probably hold off and get it on line. Unless I see something nice.

Thank you again!!!!

Semper Fi,

Bob
Go to Top of Page

usmcss

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2016 :  3:33:39 PM  Show Profile Send usmcss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by usmcss

quote:

Thank you so much Bonnie!!! Heading to Bass Pro now. If they don't have it will probably hold off and get it on line. Unless I see something nice.

Thank you again!!!!

Well they didn't have it and everything they did have was very expensive or really cheap except for the Redfield Rampage but didn't want to chance it.

I was wanting a straight through scope not angled so I could just move my head straight over to the sight when shooting but was thinking with the angled sight you would have to leave your position to raise your head to see? Or can you get to scope low enough to just look down the scope? I never used an angled scope. I think it would be great for pistol shooting or offhand rifle shooting.

In any event, I like your recommendation and think that I will be purchasing the Konus Pro.

Thanks again Bonnie!

Semper Fi,

Bob
Go to Top of Page

usmcss

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2016 :  4:18:07 PM  Show Profile Send usmcss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was just reading the link you sent me again and noticed that you can adjust the eye piece so I think that answers my question. Thanks again Bonnie.

Semper Fi,

Bob
Go to Top of Page

bonnie
Advanced Member

USA
171 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2016 :  8:05:39 PM  Show Profile Send bonnie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Konus was my first angle scope and it has been easy to position and convenient to use in position shooting and from a bench. It was a good purchase for me.

Edited by - bonnie on 07/24/2016 8:07:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

usmcss

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2016 :  9:45:45 PM  Show Profile Send usmcss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The Konus was my first angle scope and it has been easy to position and convenient to use in position shooting and from a bench. It was a good purchase for me.

Awesome Bonnie; bought one for my son and I off eBay! Thanks again!!!

Semper Fi,

Bob
Go to Top of Page

usmcss

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2016 :  7:33:46 PM  Show Profile Send usmcss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by usmcss

quote:

Awesome Bonnie; bought one for my son and I off eBay! Thanks again!!!

Hey Bonnie, got the scopes yesterday, not sure why I said EBay I meant Amazon. Anyway I wanted to thank you for the great recommendation!!! Haven't used it on the range yet but tested it in the neighborhood and it works great!!!!!

Semper Fi,

Bob
Go to Top of Page

bonnie
Advanced Member

USA
171 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2016 :  9:32:27 PM  Show Profile Send bonnie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great! Hope you enjoy it.

I recently bought a used, professional grade camera tripod at a local pawn shop. Very heavy duty with fine adjustments. Not the usual short, lightweight hobby camera tripod. Works great at the range or star gazing.
Go to Top of Page

usmcss

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2016 :  9:40:42 PM  Show Profile Send usmcss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Great! Hope you enjoy it.

I recently bought a used, professional grade camera tripod at a local pawn shop. Very heavy duty with fine adjustments. Not the usual short, lightweight hobby camera tripod. Works great at the range or star gazing.

That is something I have to do as well! I love photography also so will be a great investment!

Semper Fi,

Bob
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2