M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Misc. Firearms Discussion (M1 Garand, 1911, etc.)
 Went down to the LGS this afternoon
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Captain O
Advanced Member

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2016 :  11:37:48 PM  Show Profile Send Captain O a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And held a synthetic stocked M1A. This is the next rifle I'll want to appropriate after purchasing my M1 Carbine.

The M1A beats the heck out of the M4 "poodle shooter". I am wondering whether, or not, to change the stock out to one of the "bullpup" configuration. I can take the increased recoil of a lighter stock without concern. I figure that a shorter stock couples with a 22" barrel would make for a great "field rifle".

A little advice, or direction, please?

"Faster than a speeding insult, more powerful than an ulterior motive, able to leap to conclusions in a single bound, its... Captain Obvious"!

"Living well is the best revenge". - George Herbert

"The Administration of Justice should be tempered by mercy, but mercy should never interfere with the true Administration of Justice". - Captain Obvious

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is final". - Wyatt Earp

"Spelling and grammar count". - Captain Obvious

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Tuna

3281 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2016 :  2:23:35 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just remember your that much closer to the muzzle blast too.
Go to Top of Page

cali201

USA
714 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2016 :  4:40:08 PM  Show Profile Send cali201 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tuna Tuna Tuna.......
Go to Top of Page

Captain O
Advanced Member

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2016 :  11:13:05 PM  Show Profile Send Captain O a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fishing for something?

"Faster than a speeding insult, more powerful than an ulterior motive, able to leap to conclusions in a single bound, its... Captain Obvious"!

"The Administration of Justice should be tempered by mercy, but mercy should never interfere with the true Administration of Justice". - Captain Obvious

Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3139 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2016 :  2:38:15 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lots of fish stuff around here.....

OGCA Lifer,NRA Life member, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

shadycon
Veteran Member

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2016 :  3:36:31 PM  Show Profile Send shadycon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
jimb16; Sounds fishy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
TSMG's-R-MORE-FUN!!!!!
ENJOY LIFE & HAVE FUN!!
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3281 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2016 :  8:47:35 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What? What????? Hey just don't go kicking my can around. I gave the Capt. an honest answer to be aware of the report and muzzle blast of any Bullpup stock system. You guys just have to jump all over poor old Tuna. I get no respect just like Rodney didn't. Well just you wait. It's coming and when it does you will know.......So ah what were we talking about???? Was it Shady's eating more Winchester magazines?? Jimb swimming in Lake Erie and then glowing in the dark??? Maybe Cali is
running for dog catch up in the mountains of Virginia???? Naw can't be any of those....can it????
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3139 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2016 :  5:02:37 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How did you know I'm located just 5 miles from a nuke plant?! We all glow in the dark around here!

OGCA Lifer,NRA Life member, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

Captain O
Advanced Member

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2016 :  7:21:12 PM  Show Profile Send Captain O a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tuna in next week for another episode of... Love Of Chair!

Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3281 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2016 :  7:31:08 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by jimb16

How did you know I'm located just 5 miles from a nuke plant?! We all glow in the dark around here!

My spies are everywhere and they tell me everything. They are watching you right now. Soon they will be in their Trump helicopters
and.....well you know what's next.

ATTENTION ALL FORUM MEMBERS.

There is a huge party at Jimb's house this weekend with free rides on the Trump chopper. Plenty of free food so bring your appetites. We all get to shoot his gun collection too!!!!! PARTY PARTY PARTY!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

shadycon
Veteran Member

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2016 :  8:28:26 PM  Show Profile Send shadycon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are the dark glasses provided?

M1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
TSMG's-R-MORE-FUN!!!!!
ENJOY LIFE & HAVE FUN!!
Go to Top of Page

Captain O
Advanced Member

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2016 :  9:11:56 PM  Show Profile Send Captain O a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How does this relate to the M1A?

Go to Top of Page

cali201

USA
714 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2016 :  05:40:58 AM  Show Profile Send cali201 a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Edited by - cali201 on 04/30/2016 05:41:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

BucketBack

USA
74 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2016 :  07:23:38 AM  Show Profile Send BucketBack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Walleyes seem to gather in front of the discharge at the Fermi plant.
Go to Top of Page

Captain O
Advanced Member

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2016 :  01:12:32 AM  Show Profile Send Captain O a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BucketBack

Walleyes seem to gather in front of the discharge at the Fermi plant.

And?

Go to Top of Page

shadycon
Veteran Member

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2016 :  03:17:47 AM  Show Profile Send shadycon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And? The Walleyes like the warm water.
For what it's worth, I prefer wood stocks.
As for the bullpup stocks, to me it is a matter of preference. I refer originality.

M1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
TSMG's-R-MORE-FUN!!!!!
ENJOY LIFE & HAVE FUN!!
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3281 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2016 :  6:57:24 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And besides like Jimb, they glow in the dark too!!!!
Go to Top of Page

shadycon
Veteran Member

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2016 :  7:16:16 PM  Show Profile Send shadycon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So that is where they got the term " GLOW IN THE DARK "!

M1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
TSMG's-R-MORE-FUN!!!!!
ENJOY LIFE & HAVE FUN!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2