M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Quality Hardware
 Quality HMC carbine value
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Edward Arace
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2016 :  12:01:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Edward Arace an AOL message Send Edward Arace a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I inherited this from my uncle, I have no idea when he acquired it but suspect sometime in late 50s to early 60s, I have had it for 17 years and just fire it for the first time Wed. I would like to know what it is worth as I plan on selling it so I can get something with an optic sight, It is in amazing condition for being made in 1943.
M-1 Carbine made by Quality HMC serial # 1599XXX

Receiver tube type

Trigger housing Q-NL

Slide DA-Q

Rear sight adjustable

Barrel Inland date 5-43
The type 3 barrel band installed in 2001 to replace broken type 1
Bolt flat profile EM-Q
The safety is a push button
Hammer LT-Q

Stock mark RMC early stocks with high wood and I-cut oiler recess, handguard has two rivets , flat straight stock

M-1 Carbine made by Quality HMC serial # 1599XXX

Receiver tube type

Trigger housing Q-NL

Slide DA-Q

Rear sight adjustable

Barrel Inland date 5-43
The type 3 barrel band installed in 2001 to replace broken type 1
Bolt flat profile EM-Q
The safety is a push button
Hammer LT-Q

Stock mark RMC early stocks with high wood and I-cut oiler recess, handguard has two rivets , flat straight stock

[]

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Jackp

USA
921 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2016 :  2:14:42 PM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Edward and welcome to the M1 carbine forum from New Mexico!

I also have an early QHMC carbine that's about the same configuration as yours. I paid $900 two years ago at a local gun show. The "I" cut stock is a premium, particularly if it still has it's ordinance stamp and is not marked with a rebuild stamp. Mine was imported from Italy (FAT) through the CMP so it also has some of the original parts (push safety, early mag catch, etc.) and no import marks except for a tiny FAT star just in front of the receiver on the top of the barrel. The FAT armory did replace the flip rear sight and barrel band so it's just like yours.

Condition will make a difference. Mine was in good condition with the original finish and an ME of 2.0.

Good luck on finding a buyer.

JackP
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3155 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2017 :  09:34:11 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Post some photos if you can as that will help sell it for you. The old proverb of 1 picture worth 10,000 words.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2