M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Misc. Firearms Discussion (M1 Garand, 1911, etc.)
 Inland's new 1911's
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Captain O
Advanced Member

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2016 :  4:29:22 PM  Show Profile Send Captain O a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any experience with these?

"Faster than a speeding insult, more powerful than an ulterior motive, able to leap to conclusions in a single bound, its... Captain Obvious"!

"Living well is the best revenge". - George Herbert

"The Administration of Justice should be tempered by mercy, but mercy should never interfere with the true Administration of Justice". - Captain Obvious

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is final". - Wyatt Earp

"Spelling and grammar count". - Captain Obvious

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Tuna

3248 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2016 :  8:54:55 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you read the information on them in the commercial carbine section? I would suggest that you do take a look.
Go to Top of Page

Captain O
Advanced Member

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2016 :  7:16:20 PM  Show Profile Send Captain O a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry, I thought this was the proper forum for Inland's 1911 A1 Government pistol.

I wrote Inland about the pistol and was told that some parts were "outsourced" from Auto Ordnance but assured me that all parts for the pistol are of U.S. manufacture. These are a cast frame pistol that seem to function well and are solidly built. The only "malfunction" (if you want to call it that) was a lanyard loop had broken off cleanly at the pistol frame's base. Aside from that, the same pistol had functioned flawlessly both before and had since.

That sounds as if it is a pretty sound assessment (and endorsement) from the owner himself. If that's the only thing that has gone awry, it tells us that it is still a well-built pistol.

While it may not be perfect, I welcome another all-american manufactured 1911 A1 Government type pistol form whish the buying public can choose.

Look into the Inland 1911 A1 Government pistol yourself and see if it is the pistol you want to own.

It is entirely up to you.

"Faster than a speeding insult, more powerful than an ulterior motive, able to leap to conclusions in a single bound, its... Captain Obvious"!

"The Administration of Justice should be tempered by mercy, but mercy should never interfere with the true Administration of Justice". - Captain Obvious

Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3248 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2016 :  8:12:04 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The message Capt. is if you buy an Inland 1911 A1 or carbine, your really buying an AO with a different name. And no I would not buy a 1911 A1 no matter who made it. There are much better firearms made today then the old 1911 A1.

Edited by - Tuna on 03/23/2016 8:13:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Captain O
Advanced Member

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2016 :  2:33:02 PM  Show Profile Send Captain O a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tuna: You may get an argument from a lot of other shooters about this, but you're entitled to your opinion.

I simply find it fascinating that such a pistol, conceived and executed more than 110 years ago. is not showing any signs of dying, but has been and is still increasing... at an alarming rate. There must be something to it.

Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2016 :  8:58:55 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tuna, I love my 1945 Remington Rand 1911A1 pistol and will compete side-by-side with any other handgun on the market today, at least for the first 7 rounds! And IF I can't get it done in 7, it won't matter how many more shots I have!

OGCA Lifer,NRA Life member, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

Captain O
Advanced Member

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2016 :  9:26:55 PM  Show Profile Send Captain O a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have an original Dan Wesson Razorback (one of the first 150) pistols produced during the period wen Bob Serva was at the helm.

I would not trade this particular 1911-pattern 10mm Auto pistol for all the money you could throw at me. It was custom-manufactured for me by Bob Serva at Dan Wesson arms. Because it was manufactured to my specifications, I am truly a part of firearms history.

Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3248 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2016 :  1:00:50 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jim I have an older 645 S&W that will put anything I fire in it in a circle of 3 inches for 50 rounds at 25 yards. If I reload 185 gr. lead it will shoot even tighter but it shoots the 185 gr. bullets a couple of inches low. 230 grs hit point of aim dead on every time. I have shot a lot of 1911A1's and 1911 models too in my many years but they cannot compete against the 645. Oh and I can put a fired case somewhere in the loaded magazine and fire it. When it goes click the fired case has been chambered it's that good. I will not ever buy one of the plastic guns no matter who makes it. Never have to worry about limp wrist holding it. Hey if you ever have to throw an all steel gun at someone you know you can at least hurt them. And I get an 8th round too just in case my old eyes don't see quite as well as they used to.

Edited by - Tuna on 03/25/2016 1:02:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Captain O
Advanced Member

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2016 :  2:56:53 PM  Show Profile Send Captain O a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tuna

Jim I have an older 645 S&W that will put anything I fire in it in a circle of 3 inches for 50 rounds at 25 yards. If I reload 185 gr. lead it will shoot even tighter but it shoots the 185 gr. bullets a couple of inches low. 230 grs hit point of aim dead on every time. I have shot a lot of 1911A1's and 1911 models too in my many years but they cannot compete against the 645. Oh and I can put a fired case somewhere in the loaded magazine and fire it. When it goes click the fired case has been chambered it's that good. I will not ever buy one of the plastic guns no matter who makes it. Never have to worry about limp wrist holding it. Hey if you ever have to throw an all steel gun at someone you know you can at least hurt them. And I get an 8th round too just in case my old eyes don't see quite as well as they used to.

If I could have but two S&W self-loaders NIB today, they would be a 645 and a 1006. Theey are both dead-nuts reliable and accurate. You couldn't ask for better service from a sidearm.

Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3111 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2016 :  8:19:14 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tuna, if I need that 8th round, I'll just go to my Kimber! I swear that thing is radar guided! It also eats anything I care to put in it.

OGCA Lifer,NRA Life member, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2