Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Discussion
 Field Gear
 Question RE: Carbine Case
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2016 :  11:24:26 AM  Show Profile Send Player a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Recently found a Carbine Case of a type I have never seen before. It is nothing like the real or repos on the market. It is made out of a
stiff, dark canvas-like material with a very sturdy zipper
mked "Crown" USA,it has sturdy leather tabs afixed where the zipper begins & ends. Printed on the outer Rt. side of the case, in 3 lines are:
C - 153357
There are no Manufacture marks other than the above stampings.

Any information would be appreciated.

Google AdSense

Mountain View

709 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2016 :  2:29:30 PM  Show Profile Send cali201 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
we are kind of visual here and need a picture (s)
Go to Top of Page

Advanced Member

183 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2016 :  7:02:01 PM  Show Profile Send hunterman1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a similar carry case. I have made several posts looking for comments but have not gotten much response. Here is one of my posts:

"I picked up this carbine carry case several years ago. It seems to fit Riesch's description of the Type 1 carry case. The guy I bought it from said he bought from a vet who brought back a Japanese sword in it. The seller bought for it for the sword. Not that it matters, but there are straight-line slices in the fabric near the end.

There is no strap. The zipper is massive compared to the ones I'm used to seeing. Also the fabric is much heavier - it seems to have been coated with maybe wax or oil. I noticed as I put together the photo album, the case is closed when the zipper is in the center. The cases I have with straps are closed when the zipper is at the end.

I have included photos comparing to a strapped case in the album."
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

3092 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2016 :  8:51:06 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Manufacturers marks are usually inside the case.

OGCA Lifer,NRA Life member, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

Starting Member

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2016 :  05:18:13 AM  Show Profile Send mdwysc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi. I have seen these reproduced and sold in the UK. I have one for mine, cost ,e 20
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2