M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Second Amendment Forum
 Question re transporting M-1 and loaded mags
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

holemaker
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2015 :  01:02:10 AM  Show Profile Send holemaker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
M-1 inside gun bag, loaded mags in outside attached zippered pouch is legal as separate secured container for transport in vehicle from what I understand.
Question: If I have loaded mags secured in the butt stock pouch, rifle in the zippered bag, is the pouch still considered a legal separate container?

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

cali201

USA
707 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2015 :  3:21:40 PM  Show Profile Send cali201 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hole, that question, I would imagine, can only be answered fully by your local (or PA state) laws, so many are different. I would think not as the mags while not in the gun are still, in some ways, attached to it as it makes the mags very accessible to load into the gun quickly. I think the intent of having mags in separate container is trying to put some distance between the mags and the weapon and having them attached to the butt stock would defeat that intent. Needless to say go no where near NJ with that thing!!
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3191 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2015 :  9:26:51 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cali is correct. You can have the carbine and magazines in the same vehicle BUT they must be separate. Both can be in the trunk of a car but the magazines and ammo must be in a container like an ammo box that is closed and the carbine in a gun case that is closed too. If your moving or just passing through a state like New Jersey then you can pass through but without stopping if you have firearms in your vehicle. As long as your intent is to not stop in the state then your fine. This would also apply to states like Massachusetts as well as Jersey, New York and we all know the ones that are very anti gun.
Go to Top of Page

Johannes
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2015 :  06:13:56 AM  Show Profile Send Johannes a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dang, If you should ever need to use the thing, it would take you longer to get into action than it would take the police to arrive to outline your body with chalk....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2