M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Winchester
 Winchester on Display.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

weklund
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2015 :  09:58:34 AM  Show Profile Send weklund a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Recently gifted my father-in-law with this Display Case for his Winchester. He is a retired MGySgt USMC. I gifted the Winchester to him quite a few years ago on Father's Day and just got around to finishing off this wall case for him to show off his M1.

He actually spent quite some time hauling an M1 around during his 3 tours in Vietnam and was his primary escape weapon after his Helicopter was shot down.

That episode earned him the Silver Star.

Great guy and a great gun.

.....Happy Landings.....

Edited by - weklund on 12/02/2015 10:12:40 AM

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Tuna

3283 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2015 :  9:48:19 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You be sure to Thank Him for his service for all of us here. And that case is a great gift to him. You did a good job.
Go to Top of Page

rg1911

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2015 :  11:21:48 AM  Show Profile Send rg1911 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Super memento! And anyone who did 3 tours is a hero in my book.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

thomas Miller
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2017 :  3:17:05 PM  Show Profile Send thomas Miller a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nicely done. I was fortunate enough to get into a Medical Reserve unit back then, but administered to many wounded over there. God Bless.
Go to Top of Page

tex
Greenhorn Member

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2018 :  9:37:36 PM  Show Profile Send tex a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sweet, You did a nice job!
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2