M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 Misc. Firearms Discussion (M1 Garand, 1911, etc.)
 The CMP and the 1911A1's
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tuna

3254 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2015 :  08:26:05 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well our Pres has signed the Defense bill that contains the release of the 1911A1 pistols still in government inventory to the CMP. Who in their right mind would have thought that this would ever happen under an ultra liberal Pres. He may not have had good people reading the bill before he sighed it. There was a veto proof majority in congress who voted for it this time so maybe that had something to do with it. But it's good news if after the first 10,000 released have no problems with the sales and later usage, the rest will be released to CMP.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

BEYU
Advanced Member

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2015 :  10:28:19 PM  Show Profile Send BEYU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be watching for their announcements. The early bird (very early) will get the worm.

BEYU

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Benj. Franklin
Go to Top of Page

striker1943
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2016 :  9:59:38 PM  Show Profile Send striker1943 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Please note that Obama got his way with this bill. As specified by the CMP. They are only allowed to release 10,000 1911A1's to the general public. Now I would assume that this is a per year basis. However it would not surprise me if it was a temporary release (aka test run). The rest will sit in a warehouse till the next president comes into play (hopefully not Hillary).

I too will be waiting for their email announcement. However I have this distinct feeling that they are not going to be cheap...

ZVB

"Lead Me, follow me, or get the hell out of my way." -Gen. George S. Patton

"Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. "

-George W. Bush
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3254 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2016 :  09:31:52 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a problem with the bill as the Pres did not sign the part releasing the pistols for sale. Congress has changed some of the language in the bill making it mandatory that the pistols be released BUT there is a rider on the bill put in by the Republicans that would affect LGBTS. This is a no no with the Pres so he is considering a veto of the whole bill. The bill contains language that will make it required for the next President to approve the release of the last of the pistols all at once instead of just 10,000 like it's set up for this years. BUT then you have the Secretary of the Army being told he must release the pistols but he can always just sit on them and not release any till he is no longer in charge which is till our Pres leaves office. Yup he can be taken to court but so what. By the time that happens he will be long gone from office just like the Pres. So don't look for them to hit the public anytime soon if at all. And remember if the Hilda Beast gets in she will drag some more liberal dummies into office with her and they may get control of the Senate again. If that happens then kiss the pistols good-buy as the 2017 budget will require they go to Capt. Crunch just as the Democrats are hoping for.
Go to Top of Page

cali201

USA
713 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2016 :  2:45:49 PM  Show Profile Send cali201 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

striker1943
Starting Member

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2016 :  07:50:36 AM  Show Profile Send striker1943 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tuna,

I am a little confused, everything I am seeing is that he did sign it back on Thanksgiving. I also remember an email sent by Orest saying they did get the authorization to start receiving and processing these pistols.

ZVB

"Lead Me, follow me, or get the hell out of my way." -Gen. George S. Patton

"Terrorist attacks can shake the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. "

-George W. Bush
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3254 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2016 :  09:38:06 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well it seems the Pres rejected it. It went back to Congress and this is where we are now with it. It's one of the reasons that the Air force and Navy/Marines don't have spare parts for their planes and are having to take parts off of planes that had been grounded just to keep what they do have flying. The bill now states that the Secretary of the Army must issue the pistols but once again with the attachment that the Pres doesn't like to do with the LGBT's he will not sign the bill till it's been removed from it. Then the Secretary of the Army can stall till he is out of office then it will fall to the next President to approve or veto the provisions for the 2017 bill. If it's the Hilda Beast then don't even think of ever seeing those pistols. They will all go to Capt. Crunch very quickly.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2