M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Bavarian Carbines
 Bavarian w/scope mount
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Paladinprime
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2015 :  7:07:37 PM  Show Profile Send Paladinprime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry no pics (I have pics but can't display here) but: Inland with last 4 digits on major components (bolt, slide, etc.). Came to me with a scope mount welded? onto front receiver ring.. marked with an H. Mount is just a block with cross dovetail slot. NO REAR SIGHT so I'm guessing that slot was for the rear of a single piece scope mount. L under wrist of stock... no other markings. I've had this one for 30 years, no import marks so most likely pre-68.
Has anyone run onto any of these with scopes or mounts?

"To each his own.." said the old lady kissing the cow.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1047 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2015 :  8:33:34 PM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some Bavarian carbines were modified to remove the USGI flip rear sight and replace it with a more familiar Mauser like notched rear sight on the front receiver ring. Is this what you might have on your carbine? The rear dovetail was filled with a grooved piece, I guess, to reduce it's reflective properties. I don't think it was a rear scope mount. Maybe this insert is missing on your carbine. Does it look like the carbine displayed in this link.

You must be logged in to see this link.

JackP
Go to Top of Page

Paladinprime
Starting Member

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2015 :  9:05:56 PM  Show Profile Send Paladinprime a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very similar front block.. empty dovetail. The reason I went for the rear dovetail as a scope base was that there are some US after market scope mounts that use that dovetail as a mount. There is a six-digit # stamped into the wood under the buttplate along with the letter L. There is S-HB stamped in the sling slot. No other 'strange' markings that I have found other than the parts numbering... these are stamped not etched.

"To each his own.." said the old lady kissing the cow.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2