M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 CMP M1 Carbines
 CMP white bag carbines?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jswift
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2015 :  1:37:36 PM  Show Profile Send jswift a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was lucky enough to inherit 3 IBM (white bag) carbines. One was almost out of the bag, upon close examination and without disassembly, it has what appears to be new/old parts with the barrel and receiver matching. Does any one have any idea as to the value of these? Thank you for your time and attention. Jim

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Tuna

3191 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2015 :  1:59:01 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DCM had sold many of these before CMP started to sell them. One can find them in all stages of being rebuilt from untouched to completely rebuilt. Many are like yours being a mix of the original parts and the last upgrades. They do command a premium and so some collectors will pay as much as $1500 for some and others less. I think they put more value on one that has not had the bag opened. To me they don't mean much. I would rather be able to see and hold my carbines and not guess what they look like in a bag but to each their own. It's what makes the world go round.

Edited by - Tuna on 09/01/2015 2:00:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

jswift
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2015 :  08:16:37 AM  Show Profile Send jswift a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much for your reply. I was unaware of the history of these carbines, you have been most helpful and I appreciate your time and expertise. Jim
Go to Top of Page

lemaymiami
Greenhorn Member

36 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2015 :  06:25:15 AM  Show Profile Send lemaymiami a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I was pleasantly surprised by the number of carbines being offered at auction over on the CMP site.... Go to
You must be logged in to see this link. and you'll find a at least ten of them. None are specifically "white bag" items but you can get a fair idea of prices a range of carbines are currently bringing. Now, if I only had the funds....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2