M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Rock-Ola
 FOUND M1 in an attick
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jbdet
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2015 :  10:57:09 PM  Show Profile Send Jbdet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello I'm new to the forum, ty for having me. I recently came across an M1 carbine. It in quite nice shape, very clean barrel, everything is very nice and functional. I have not fired it, i do not know if it fires. I found it with a longer than stock clip in it. I also found two of the stock clips, each with ammo in it. I do not have the strap. Its a stamped Rockola barrel and a Quality Hardware stamped firing mech. Serial # 4821374. I'm not sure how that effects the value. All in all I'm looking to sell it. Any helped is appreciated ty

Jb

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Tuna

3229 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2015 :  12:18:34 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quality Hardware used the government free issue barrel program. They did not make any barrels and used barrels supplied by the government from other carbine manufactures with Rock-Ola being one of them. The odds are the barrel is original to the receiver. Value depends on if the carbine is 100% as it left the factory or if it's been through a rebuild. If it has a barrel band with a bayonet lug on it and has an adjustable rear sight then it's been rebuilt. Value for it would be between $800 and $1000 depending on condition. If it's one that was imported back into the country then it's in the $600 to $800 range depending on condition. If by chance it's all original then it could be several thousand all depending on condition. If your not sure then try posting some photos of it here and someone can help you.
Go to Top of Page

Jbdet
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2015 :  10:35:53 PM  Show Profile Send Jbdet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Then yes it has been rebuilt. It has the sightings. I would love to put up some pictures, but I don't know how. I'll look a little harder and figure it out. Thank you for the reply.

Jb
Go to Top of Page

hunterman1
Advanced Member

183 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2015 :  11:52:07 PM  Show Profile Send hunterman1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here you go.

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

rhineriver1
Advanced Member

Switzerland
271 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2015 :  02:41:08 AM  Show Profile Send rhineriver1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice carbine!
Go to Top of Page

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1011 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2015 :  08:36:04 AM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum! I have a QHMC carbine too. The only carbine part Quality Hardware made themselves was the receiver itself. All the other parts were made by various subcontractors. Like many of the other manufacturers they never made firearms before the war. My QHMC is my most accurate carbine. It has a Rockola barrel as well. Let us know how yours shoots.

JackP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2