M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Rock-Ola
 Rock-ola front sight ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

patw

50 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2015 :  07:26:07 AM  Show Profile Send patw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Could a Type 1 TR marked front sight show up on a 4,600,000 Rock-ola?

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

cali201

USA
714 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2015 :  06:23:54 AM  Show Profile Send cali201 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to War Baby TR front sights were used on early production carbines (first block). RP shows used in the latter part of the first and into the second blocks. Type C, unmarked or RP on top was in use from the second block to the end of production. With that said you can always play the "first in/last out" game. Was there a TR sight siting in the bottom of the bin when your 4.6 was produced? It is possible, when the worker went to grab a sight he reached in and the bin was almost empty but there was that TR sight sitting there since it was filled the first time.....
Go to Top of Page

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1060 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2015 :  4:43:08 PM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it's possible. But a 4.6M Rock-ola is near the end of the second block. It's just as likely that that "TR" sight was still in the bottom of the bin during the third and fourth block. Where do you draw the line? If I were trying to build a "correct" 4.6M Rock, I would look for a "RP" or unmarked brazed sight. If I'm doing a CC data sheet on a new acquisition, I would accept the "TR" sight as being righteous.

JackP

Edited by - Jackp on 06/26/2015 4:58:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

cali201

USA
714 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2015 :  5:41:03 PM  Show Profile Send cali201 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well that is why I said "play" (pretend)
Go to Top of Page

patw

50 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2015 :  8:46:48 PM  Show Profile Send patw a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for info, did pick up a RP front sight for the 4.6M Rock-ola. While we're talking about rock-ola correctness would a
LT-Q hammer type 3 be OK for that 4.6M since I already have one?
Go to Top of Page

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1060 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2015 :  10:13:24 PM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WB says it was occasionally found in the third block, Riesch says maybe a little later. Your S/N might have lagged in the factory long enough for the LT-Q to show up. Again, if it came with the LT-Q I would say it's okay. But, if I were trying to build a correct 4.6M Rockola from scratch, I would look for a Type 3 marked KR, KR2 Or R/LTQ.

JackP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2