M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Discussion
 Field Gear
 Worldwarsupply.com
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Moves
Greenhorn Member

32 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2015 :  11:20:55 AM  Show Profile Send Moves a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to get a sling, ammo case and oiler... What is this forums view on purchasing a reproduction set from this site?

You must be logged in to see this link.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1047 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2015 :  11:51:15 AM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've bought a few things from them, slings, ammo pouches and fleece lined carry cases. Everything was well made and if you watch for sales on their store on eBay you can get some pretty good prices. The fleece lined case was a little poofy but it looked just like the picture on eBay.

JackP
Go to Top of Page

Moves
Greenhorn Member

32 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2015 :  2:28:34 PM  Show Profile Send Moves a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I'm curious as to whether the oiler fits well in a vintage stock and as such, will hold the sling.
Go to Top of Page

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1047 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2015 :  2:50:46 PM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I bet you won't be able to see much difference between it and the real thing.

JackP
Go to Top of Page

Moves
Greenhorn Member

32 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2015 :  6:10:09 PM  Show Profile Send Moves a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

swampmolly

USA
764 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2015 :  6:59:11 PM  Show Profile Send swampmolly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are a lot of videos on the internet to show how to install a sling and oiler. Sometimes it is not as easy to install as it may seem.
Once it is installed it darn sure won't come loose. I think the repo slings are thicker than originals, that causes the problem.
SM
Go to Top of Page

cali201

USA
713 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2015 :  05:48:28 AM  Show Profile Send cali201 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will say I just bought that exact fleece case off of fleabay, for the $22 I spent (I did the best offer thing) it is a nice case but the smell was horrible. I ran it through the wash, sprayed it with Freebrze (however you spell it) and hung it out in the sun for the day, now it is fine. So I ordered 2 more cases. I bought the cases to protect my carbines when going to the range, and for that purpose I think they are good. I have a non lined case and those are flimsy, this fleece case offers more protection.

looks like he sells the other items as well, bet they are the same as the above web site

Edited by - cali201 on 06/05/2015 05:52:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1047 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2015 :  11:35:10 AM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cali, I don't think this is the same seller. At least it's not the same seller that I got my cases from. Maybe it's the same case but I didn't notice any bad smell. I got my cases on eBay from World War Supply. Here's the link.

There's a lot of guys selling this stuff. International Military Antiques is another one. I got some ammo pouches from them.

JackP

Edited by - Jackp on 06/05/2015 7:42:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

cali201

USA
713 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2015 :  6:35:39 PM  Show Profile Send cali201 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am betting they all come from the same sweat shop overseas. The seller told me he did not have much problem with smell, will see what the next two smell like. But a quick wash and air out took care of the problem.
Go to Top of Page

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1047 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2015 :  8:21:36 PM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've noticed that a lot of the reproduction pouches and cases for all kinds of US and European militaria are marked "JT & L 1943" or "JT & L 1944". I wonder how they came up with this company name.

JackP
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2