M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Technical Discussion
 Field Gear
 Bren-Dan M4 bayonet
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

grandamgt2k
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2015 :  6:43:19 PM  Show Profile Send grandamgt2k a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've got a nice M4 second production bayonet for the Carbine marked Bren-Dan. This company in Stamford, CT was contracted by the gov. to produce these in the 50's into the 60's. What's great is that Stamford is my hometown and I know exactly where that building is. A little piece of history and hometown memorabilia.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

shadycon
Veteran Member

USA
1356 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2015 :  07:08:30 AM  Show Profile Send shadycon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice bit of history.

M1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
TSMG's-R-MORE-FUN!!!!!
ENJOY LIFE & HAVE FUN!!
Go to Top of Page

bonnie
Advanced Member

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2015 :  10:32:32 AM  Show Profile Send bonnie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by grandamgt2k

I've got a nice M4 second production bayonet for the Carbine marked Bren-Dan. This company in Stamford, CT was contracted by the gov. to produce these in the 50's into the 60's. What's great is that Stamford is my hometown and I know exactly where that building is. A little piece of history and hometown memorabilia.

I have a nice one also.

What little I can find on the Bren-Dan production information is that it was possible a later contract connected to the Conneta Company that also produced the M4 in Stamford.
Being a hometown boy would you know any more info?

Thanks,
bonnie

Go to Top of Page

grandamgt2k
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2015 :  4:19:25 PM  Show Profile Send grandamgt2k a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't have any production numbers but I believe the guy's first name is Peter Conetta - He was the owner of Bren-Dan. Bren-Dan and Conetta I am told were out of the same building. It's located at the corner of Taft and Sunnyside Ave. in Stamford, CT
Go to Top of Page

bonnie
Advanced Member

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2015 :  7:07:25 PM  Show Profile Send bonnie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Neat!
Thanks grandamgt2k.

bonnie
Go to Top of Page

cavtrpr340
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2017 :  7:39:24 PM  Show Profile Send cavtrpr340 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A little late to this thread i know. but the Conetta/Bren-Dan M4 bayonets were the least produced of all the U.S. M4's both being made by Conetta Machine & Tool Bren-Dan was across the street from Conetta.

Cavtrpr340
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3043 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2017 :  8:18:49 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I grew up 2 blocks from American Fork and Hoe. Have a bayonet and a hatchet made there during the war.

OGCA Lifer,NRA Life member, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2