M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Uncommon Variants
 Quick Way to Check an M1A1 Stock
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JHall1965
Starting Member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2015 :  9:59:03 PM  Show Profile Send JHall1965 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone, I am going to gun shows over the next two weekends and was wondering if there was an easy way to verify the M1A1 stock in case I find one? And anything else to watch out for on the rest of the carbine.

Thanks in advance

Jerry

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Tuna

3254 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2015 :  10:10:34 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well if you look inside the well of the stock in front of the bridge you should see OI stamped inside. The butt plate should have a set of numbers, then a wagon wheel and another number between 1 and 12. These should be cast into the plate and not stamped. The rivets on the cheek piece should be flat on one side and made of steel or brass and not Aluminum rivets with round heads. The carbine in a stock to be correct should be an Inland between 30,000 and 3 million range or 5.1 million to 6.5 million serial number range.
Go to Top of Page

JHall1965
Starting Member

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2015 :  07:48:05 AM  Show Profile Send JHall1965 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tuna! I'll see what cones up. There is a huge gun show outside of Philadelphia in 2 weeks, maybe I'll get lucky.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2