M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Underwood
 Two Questions on my Underwood
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

crasha51pan
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2014 :  09:54:41 AM  Show Profile Send crasha51pan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have a Underwood Carbine, Serial #258****. Have ran into a wall on the marking on the Bolt. The Bolt is a Type A, Variation 2. Everything I have researched say's the Bolt markings should be either FU or WU or C.U. My bolt is marked H.U. ? I find no reference to H at all, any suggestions on what the H means ?
My other question is about removing the Trigger Housing Pin. Again, everything I have found shows the Pin being removed from the left side. My pin removes from the right side. The head of the Pin sit's flush when inserted from the right, but doesn't when inserted from the left. Anyone have a Underwood who's Trigger Housing Pin removes from the right side ?

TIA...Mike

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Jackp
Veteran Member

USA
1060 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2014 :  10:28:21 AM  Show Profile Send Jackp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you might have a M2 modified trigger housing. They had a counterbore on the right side for the disconnector lever pin. It would be in place of the trigger housing pin.

JackP
Go to Top of Page

crasha51pan
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2014 :  11:23:48 AM  Show Profile Send crasha51pan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Carbine is dated 12-43. There are no rebuild marks anywhere to be found on the rifle. All markings seem consistent and the story on the carbine is that it was sent home from the Pacific. Other markings on the trigger group include:
Inside Mag Well .U.
Mag Release AU
Hammer .U.
Trigger Group seems to be a Type A, Variation 3 ...
It's just this Pin issue I'm having.....
Go to Top of Page

crasha51pan
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2014 :  11:39:47 AM  Show Profile Send crasha51pan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wanted to show the Bolt Markings:

Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3265 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2014 :  9:24:57 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I remember right the bolt was made for Underwood by Howe Machinery Co. The trigger housing pin always goes in from the right side. The trigger pin goes in from the left side.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2