M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 National Postal Meter
 Saginaw barrel
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Krag1899
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2014 :  2:20:23 PM  Show Profile Send Krag1899 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone ever seen a NPM carbine with a Saginaw barrel ? I purchased one recently and the seller failed to list in his auction that it is a SKY Ordinane import. Not happy about that. Seemed to be a legit business person, but not good about responding to emails? Mine is definitely a Saginaw. Today, I also found that the rear trigger housing connection lug on the right side was broken and brazed back together. He's gonna be getting this one back. Nothing I hate worse than a person who is deliberately deceptive.

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

shadycon
Veteran Member

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2014 :  08:54:18 AM  Show Profile Send shadycon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi; That is no way to do business. I hope it works out for you. Who is the seller if you don't mind telling us? I recently sold an item on ebay, listed "used" and the buyer was looking for NOS. He said he was going to raise H*** about it so to make things easier I just gave his money back. I had no trouble reselling at same price. Some buyers are jerks also!GK

M1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
TSMG's-R-MORE-FUN!!!!!
ENJOY LIFE & HAVE FUN!!
Go to Top of Page

Krag1899
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2014 :  11:11:40 AM  Show Profile Send Krag1899 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Trying to work it out with him. I found a second email for him and he responded this morning with a less than satisfactory response. He said his item was completely described in all of two lines. When I asked for specifics he never answered. That should have been a clue to me. He also said that I could resell it the way he did, which was fraudulent as far as I'm concerned or he would give my money back minus a 20% restocking fee......$136.00. I told him I expected a full refund of my winning bid minus the shipping. Real scumbag and if I don't get satisfaction, you can be sure all will know his name, and I'll file a formal complaint to get him banned from the site. Waiting to see how he responds.
Go to Top of Page

shadycon
Veteran Member

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2014 :  12:05:31 PM  Show Profile Send shadycon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
People like this make it hard for good people to make deals!GK

M1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
TSMG's-R-MORE-FUN!!!!!
ENJOY LIFE & HAVE FUN!!
Go to Top of Page

jimb16

USA
3143 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2014 :  8:33:07 PM  Show Profile Send jimb16 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This guy wouldn't happen to be out of California would he?? Sounds like our old friend George......

OGCA Lifer,NRA Life member, son of a 325th GIR Glider Rider
Go to Top of Page

Krag1899
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2014 :  10:52:06 PM  Show Profile Send Krag1899 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He's from Tenn.
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3285 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2014 :  09:31:31 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OH NO!!! George has moved???????? Could it be his twin brother????????? If he doesn't come through for you then please let the rest of the forum know who he is so at least we can avoid him.
Go to Top of Page

Echo97
Greenhorn Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2014 :  09:56:44 AM  Show Profile Send Echo97 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will do Tuna.
Go to Top of Page

tortuga

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2014 :  11:32:17 AM  Show Profile Send tortuga a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like we should know who it is even if he finally comes through. Doesn't sound like someone I'd care to do business with.
Go to Top of Page

rg1911

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2014 :  11:34:06 AM  Show Profile Send rg1911 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tortuga

Sounds like we should know who it is even if he finally comes through. Doesn't sound like someone I'd care to do business with.

I'll second that.

Richard
Go to Top of Page

Krag1899
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2014 :  7:14:07 PM  Show Profile Send Krag1899 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
PM me an email address and I'll share his information with you.
Go to Top of Page

Echo97
Greenhorn Member

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2014 :  08:20:50 AM  Show Profile Send Echo97 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good news guys. The seller has been motivated to refund my money and I am returning his carbine. Don't know what Gunbroker told him, but it apparently worked. He has agreed to a full refund. I can only assume that his failure to list the weapon having an import stamp and a broken/repaired receiver, and then not answering questions about those specifics was the motivating factor.
Go to Top of Page

cali201

USA
714 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2014 :  6:38:43 PM  Show Profile Send cali201 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
was there a Sam in his name or id?
Go to Top of Page

WarBaby
Administrator

USA
1885 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2014 :  9:09:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit WarBaby's Homepage Send WarBaby a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cali201

was there a Sam in his name or id?

Doubt it, he said the seller is in TN and the guy you are thinking of is out of AL.

WarBaby
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3285 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2014 :  10:31:38 PM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup good old Sammy boy. He is still at it selling his fake restorations and for big bucks too.
Go to Top of Page

shadycon
Veteran Member

USA
1379 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2014 :  07:47:57 AM  Show Profile Send shadycon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm glad it worked out for you. Maybe the seller learned his lesson?????GK

M1's-R-FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
TSMG's-R-MORE-FUN!!!!!
ENJOY LIFE & HAVE FUN!!
Go to Top of Page

Krag1899
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2015 :  10:07:26 AM  Show Profile Send Krag1899 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still working on my collection which is up to 8 now. Looking for that good NPM and an Irwin Peterson...... Anybody ever hear of a barrel marked USPM ????
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2