M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 National Postal Meter
 Darn Carbine sickness ---part 1
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2014 :  3:25:09 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Carbine #1: Was up at the Knob Creek machine gun shoot and show last weekend, picked up this M1, I paid $675 for it without it's stock. Had to have it shipped to my ffl, was able to get it today. I bought it without the grungy m2 stock it was in. It is a NPM with a Marlin barrel, IO bolt, Inland trigger housing which has some pitting under the new finish. Hammer is marked with what looks like LTQ, don't know what that is. Slide I think is a NPM, it has N 15 but looks like a IP struck over it, see picture. Can anyone shed some light on that for me? I currently have it in one of those $30 Dupage I cut stocks I picked up a month or so ago. Bore is bright and shinny, do not have any gauges so I stuck a 30.06 round in the snout. See Standard Products for part #2.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Edited by - n/a on 04/18/2014 3:31:41 PM

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

ammc2
Advanced Member

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2014 :  12:55:03 PM  Show Profile Send ammc2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
cali,
Nice NPM. I am still learning about the NPM, only know they can have a number of different subcontract parts. Sure others will help with the specifics. Thank you for sharing and the pics. art
Go to Top of Page

Tuna

3285 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2014 :  09:09:05 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well you did good for what your paid for it. The hammer is one made for Quality Hardware. The IP stamp on the slide is a fake and the slide is a NPM slide. The barrel is likely original to the receiver and the rest is from a typical rebuild.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2014 :  6:54:57 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
cannot imagine why someone would put an IP on top of a NPM marking, I could see a blank slide but why???
Go to Top of Page

Pttsbrghpns
Advanced Member

USA
103 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2014 :  3:42:38 PM  Show Profile Send Pttsbrghpns a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Calio201 ,
I was thinking the same thing
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

60 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2014 :  4:52:46 PM  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message  Reply with Quote
agree, if someone is going to the trouble of trying to make a fake part they would not put the stamp on top of another one, I would think!! But I guess you never know some people...
Go to Top of Page

Pitbullman
Starting Member

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2014 :  6:57:10 PM  Show Profile Send Pitbullman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a nice find! You got a Great Deal IMHO !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2