M1CarbineForum
M1CarbineForum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Contractor Specific Discussion
 Quality Hardware
 First Quality Hardware
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Curdog
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2014 :  5:22:38 PM  Show Profile Send Curdog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not sure what I have? So far this is what I have found.
Barrel does have a stamp. I think its a proof mark? Also noticed the alignment marks at barrel to reciever bottom are on both and aligned.

Reciever - Quality Hardware 187xxxx
Barrel -UNDERWOOD 2-44 Flaming bomb, Stamp - looks like a P with a R below down near bayonet lug.
barrel band - K1
Hand guard -RMC
Safty -E.I.
Mag reliese - M & WA
Rear adjustible sight - J.A.O
Cannot find anything on the stock.

Will try posting some pic soon.

Edited by - Curdog on 03/21/2014 5:26:36 PM

Google AdSense

USA
Mountain View

Tuna

3285 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2014 :  11:33:59 AM  Show Profile Send Tuna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Your QH would be in the beginning of the first block of QH assigned serial numbers. The carbine has been through a typical rebuild post war and that is when the barrel was changed and the rest of it was updated with all the latest parts.
Go to Top of Page

Curdog
Starting Member

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2014 :  1:02:01 PM  Show Profile Send Curdog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tuna!! Is this a decent one to collect? It is in great condition. I think I paid to much so it will stay in the collection. It also has ammo pouch that says AVERY 1943 I dont think its a repo.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
M1CarbineForum © 2007-2017 M1CarbineForum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2